“Great value, great service, nice food”
Review of Melissa's Kitchen

Melissa's Kitchen
Ranked #17,505 of 28,447 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited on a weekday late morning because it's just a short walk from Victoria Coach station and I was pleasantly surprised! The takeaway area was clean and welcoming and the restaurant area is lovely with nice tables and art and quiet background music. The lady who served me, Julie was very friendly and had me seated with a menu within a minute of coming in. The service is the right side of attentive - giving you time to read the menu and decide and eat in peace but not feel like you aren't being waited on. I ordered the all day breakfast without beans and they were kind enough to swap the beans out for free. The tea is hot and nice (not amazing, but it's tea so I was happy!) and the breakfast was delicious, hot and generous. Eggs with a runny yolk (win!), and all other elements including the toast were cooked well and great value for the price!
Has quite a local vibe but enough people travelling through that I didn't feel out of place with my bag.

For sure an excellent breakfast location. I'll be back!

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (32)

Reviewed August 6, 2019

what you would expect of fish and chips or Falafel. Very basic, but does not need reservations, and you do not need to dress up

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 8, 2019

I don't think Melissa is around any longer. Chef, cooks, staff all from Turkey. We ate there twice and enjoyed every bite. Actually, our first meal after arriving at our hotel, Astors Belgravia around the corner. We had what we've always known as Greek gyros, but the cook said the Turkish style was first! Excellent.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed July 4, 2019

The person serving at the till was angry I was on the phone and started shouting at me. He was extremely rude and the woman working there just stood there and watched the man be rude. He wanted me to get off the phone and order the food. I ordered veggie burger and chips and it was very oily. paid £6.50 for oil basically. They don't deserve to be open!

p.s my colleague at work got food poising here. (only found out after i told her about my horrible experience)

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 13, 2019

Am I going mad ..??
I get up late, jet lagged from an extended trip in the States
I walk over to Melissa's Kitchen for a full English cooked breakfast. That will do the trick I’m thinking
Melissa’s is a cafe kebab shop located next to Victoria Coach Station, open early till late to feed the many coach passengers in the area
It's 4pm in the afternoon, the waitress comes over to my table I order ‘The All Day Breakfast please'
That looks like it will do the trick, 2 Eggs, 2 Bacon, 1 Sausage, Chips, Baked Beans, 2 Toast, Tea or Coffee
She tells me they have stopped serving breakfast, I tell her there must be a mistake and point at ‘The All Day Breakfast’ on the menu reading its name out clearly, she repeats that they have stopped serving breakfast
I get up to speak with the manager who is standing at the till
I walk over and hold up the menu and ask him if I can order ‘The All Day Breakfast’
He replies that this is just the name of the breakfast and that breakfast is no longer being served
I ask him if he is joking, he replies No
I walk out