“Oh la la, tres bon”

Galvin Bistrot de Luxe
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: The original restaurant to be opened by the Galvin brothers, the Bistrot was an overnight success with food critics and customers alike. Sadly Bistrot de Luxe has now closed.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were celebrating the wife's birthday with her favourite girls and the apple of her eyes - little baby Naomi. It was a typical dark cold winter evening but the place was nice and warm. The staff were very friendly. The girls booking fixed price menu for the evening but there were very reasonable options to choice from. After watching too many episodes of Master Chef, we were pondering what we will get. The chefs done us proud coming up with the goods and fair size portions as well. The waiting staff were friendly towards little Naomi and she was good as gold throughout the whole evening. Every now again going for her little wonder around the restaurant especially where the wines were stored. The younger waiting staff were playing and entertaining her in between serving. Overall, an excellent evening for both the food and atmosphere and child friendly. Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went for a business lunch - they were a bit confused with my reservation (made via Top Table) but they ventually figured it ut and we had a nice table at the back for 4 people - plenty of space and not cramped. The food is excellent and really made me feel like I was in Paris. everything cooked to perfection and I could have had dessert but didn't as no one else was. The service was attentive but not overbearing and slightly standoffish (very parisien!). The only criticism is that for a business lunch it was a bit slow - this would not be a problem if I wanted to sit and have the whole afternoon out but for 2 courses and coffee taking 2 hours was a bit too long. However I will definately go back just for the food quality.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had a business lunch and we where all positively surprised by this truly de Luxe bistro. It's more French than most Parisienne bistros. The only slight disappointment was the not so attentive staff. It is charming with the accent but neither of where up to date in French. The food was very good and the atmosphere is great. Also the winelist is worth a special mentioning. All in all highly recommended but competion for 5 out of 5 is luckily for us stiff in London these days.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Without a shadow of a doubt, please take this line on board. This place is NOT to be missed.

I've been going here for the last few years when I've been in London and it is simply incredible. Delicious French food in a wonderful atmosphere.

I've recommended the place to friends and colleagues and each time they come back from London blown away by it.

The staff are just fantastic, incredibly professional and a level of service that you would expect at a much more expensive establishment.

The food is divine. The menu doesn't change that much over the years, but it really doesn't need to. The beef is always a highlight for me - aged and slow cooked - it melts in your mouth.

The wine is also always a hit.

If you can, try to get a seat against the wall. The best tables in my opinion are along the wall to the right of the entrace.

And be sure to arrive early for a drink in the cute bar downstairs!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Took client's here for dinner and everyone at the table was very pleased. I had a great Foie Gras terrine to start along with perfectly cooked Halibut atop LePuy lentils, my fish was perfectly cooked with amazing flavor. Service was also outstanding.