“sky high views”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Southwark
Transit: Underground: Southwark, London Bridge, St.Pauls
Description: No-reservation, family friendly dining with panoramic views of London. (Table service, bar service, mains from £8.50)
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I'm assuming the cafe is down below and I'm actually reviewing the place where we ate-up top.
Talk about a view-this was it. The food was pretty good, the service okay. The woman at the table next to us ordered the same fish dish as my daughter, but her's came uncooked. We watched her wait forever for her replacement dish while we were served, ate up, and as we finally departed, her dish came. Poor woman...visiting the Tate Modern will work up an appetite, so it's not pleasant to wait, and wait...I would probably return. Not sure what the other dining options are on the South Side by the museum.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I visited here in the Sunday morning and i liked this place much more than Tate museum=)

There was a magical view of river Thames and St.Paul Cathedral it was so historical and charming to "feel" London soul.

Sit cross of the big windows, drink your favourite coffee, eat cake and read something by yourself. I recommend everyone to relax and laid-back for a while. It is great option afer visiting Tate museum. You should see 7th floor on Tate Modern.

Next time in London, I will be visiting 7th floor of Tate for just only drinking coffee and watching the London view.

Mutlaka gidin, Tate'in en üst katında harika bir manzarası var. Kahve içmek, kitap okumak ve dinlenmek için harika. Tate müzesi ilginizi çekmeyebilir ama bu 7.kattaki kafede mola vermek güzel bir fikir.

2  Thank nihalcag
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have just come back from London where we spent a week. We ate in several Michelin starred restaurants but one which was not and was the most surprising was the restaurant in Tate Modern.
We ate a wonderful fresh salad followed by an amazing tastey cod fish, cooked in a sauce combing vegetables and pulses. it was so good that my wife took note of the ingrediants for her own kitchen.
The prices are very moderate, it is clearly run by a chef with a future complimented by excellent and fast service by the waiters ( what would London do without young foreign continentals to work in the hotels and restaurants?) This restaurant should be an example to Gordon Ramsey in Claridges which was a total disgrace ( see review elsewhere)

Well done to all the participants in the restaurant, what a wonderful compliment to a great art gallery.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had a corner seat against a wall which showed the desperate need of a paint job as well as pretty grim furniture but in all fairness it's very bright due to intense sun on top level of building. The shades were automatically raised and lowered several times while we ate but I kept my sunglasses on as did most guests. I guess many foreign visitors may not bring shades to London but you should! The food and service were fantastic; friendly if a bit overworked servers and small but delicious portions. Definitely book ahead and specify North side!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Wife and I had an impromptu lunch here on Thursday thus week, we turned up just after twelve and were lucky enough to get a table with a view out over the Thames, St Paul's, The Wibbly-Wobbly bridge and most of north London spread out before us.

Service was efficient and friendly (for London anyway).

The menu needed some thought as several choices were tempting, I has fish of the day - Dover sole, delicious. Perfect. Sue had steak (boring) which she carefully specified should be cooked " very blue", it arrived cooked rare/medium, she declared it tough but tasty.

I had to ask what some of the items on the menu were as the descriptions were jargoneque and obscure; when the dishes arrived they were inclined to be a little over fancy with swirls of this and crumbs of that adorning the plate, to no great improvement. I guess it's just the fashion, I believe that good ingredients, well cooked speak for themselves and the addition of culinary glitter and sparkle doesn't add the the experience.

We had olives, (no bread, they charge over the top for that - ought to be included) one glass of wine, one bottle Sparkling Hildon water, one fish, one steak, two desserts, which came in at about £65.

They add on the highly irritating and rude 12.5% service charge - I think this a liberty and have had some rows in the past when I've withheld it.

All in all a good lunch. The view is the clincher, without that it'd only be average.