“WOW!”
Review of Ma Goa

Ma Goa
Reserve with OpenTable
Ma Goa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,740 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Transit: Tube: East Putney, Bus Nos. 337,430 Putney Bridge
Description: At Ma Goa Restaurant, my Mother and her team prepare their favourite dishes using family recipes passed downthe generations. Our menu takes inspiration from all regions of India but we have a passion for Goa. Since its opening in 1993, we have won critical acclaim & we take pride in the fact that we are a genuine family-run independant restaurant. Our mission has always been to serve tasty, fresh, unpretentious home-style cooking in a warm & friendly setting. Situated 2 minutes away from Putney British Rail & 5 minutes away from East Putney Tube it makes a perfect venue before a night on the town. We also offer a popular take-away & local delivery service via Deliveroo & UberEats & a party catering service. We look forward to welcoming you to Ma Goa soon.
London, United Kingdom
“WOW!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was deciding on a restaurant to host my mothers Birthday dinner, when I was advised by a friend of mine to try Ma Goa. I went onto their website and was straight away taken by the authentic menu choices and value for money. Our visit was spectacular and the service was attentive right from our entrance.
The food is only too well described by the aromas that fill the restaurant and the flavours were fresh and vibrant ( I hadn't had a traditional vindaloo this genuine since my trip to Goa last year!) All of the curries we had were unique spins on Goan classics. True family recipes handed down through generations, and kindly shared with us.
On leaving the restaurant, my mother was presented with a personal birthday card signed by the staff; a true reminder of the unique dining experience we had enjoyed.
I strongly recommend anyone to visit this Family run gem, so conveniently situated in Putney

THANK YOU MA GOA!

MaGoa, Owner at Ma Goa, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your lovely review. We hope to welcome you back to Ma Goa soon. Kind regards Deepak

London
“Wonderfully different”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

First of all this is not a standard "curry house". It aims to be a bit different and the menu (far smaller than usual) reflects this.
This is a family run restaurant and this is reflected in the warm and helpful service, but what really sets it apart is the QUALITY of the food. Food (rice) is served in glazed clay pots and it all adds to the feel of the place being a bit different.
Personally I've not had a bad meal here and friends and family who aren't generally Indian food lovers have loved it too. The menu may be short but it covers all tastes.
My favourite is the Konkan Galina and this is a massively flavoured dish - its not too much of an exaggeration to call it a sensory experience - with all sorts of flavours, smells and spices that I struggle to identify but love. Oh and the tilkka is melt-in-the-mouth full of flavour to die for!

london
“Do not order a carry out”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had second thoughts about the carry out order since the last time we ordered the portions were very small and the whole meal far too expensive. About 60 pounds for a very small and not very inspired take out. I have eaten there and used to be impresseed. it is possible they have gone down hill and they like to say they are amongst the best in London using Tripadvisor to justify this.on a board outside the establishment.
The prawns I had were the worst I have ever had or seen and this alone means the carry out menu is very bad indeed.
The prawns just ordinatry prawns were in a chili sauce which was just water with raw cayenne pepper. Almost inedible. The rest was also very poor the seafood dish at a whopping 13 pounds or so was nothing good and nor was the starter with liver. All in all an expensive and at times inedible meal Avoid any carry out from here.Expensive and inedible.

MaGoa, Owner at Ma Goa, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Sir, Again we are disappointed to see you 2nd poor review of Ma Goa. We are extremely concerned that you were let down by your take-away and would appreciate the opportunity to learn from your experience. Please email me directly at kapoordee@aol.com. Please be assured that the entire Ma Goa team take the quality of our food & service extremely & are never complacent. Kind regards Deepak Kapoor
Putney, London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great authentic South Indian food”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My local Indian so really happy!! I am South Indian...so love the food. Great service and delicious food!

• Visited December 2012
MaGoa, Owner at Ma Goa, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Kind regards Deepak
London, United Kingdom
“LOVE!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Gorgeous, authentic Indian cooking.
Great, friendly service.. and very handy near Putney rail!
you can't go wrong here.

• Visited November 2012