“Little Gem”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Transit: Tube: East Putney, Bus Nos. 337,430 Putney Bridge
Description: At Ma Goa Restaurant, my Mother and her team prepare their favourite dishes using family recipes passed down the generations. Our menu takes inspiration from all regions of India but we have a passion for Goa. Since its opening in 1993, we have won critical acclaim & we take pride in the fact that we are a genuine family-run independant restaurant. Our mission has always been to serve tasty, fresh, unpretentious home-style paired with incredible craft beers from our tap wall. Situated 2 minutes away from Putney British Rail & 5 minutes away from East Putney Tube it makes a perfect venue before a night on the town. We also offer a popular take-away & local delivery service via Deliveroo & UberEats & a party catering service. We look forward to welcoming you to Ma Goa soon.
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Why this Restaurant has been off of my Radar, god only knows!
My friend found it on the internet, as for some years we have been looking for a decent Indian Restaurant.
We had what I can only explain as an excellent meal ! The Staff were attentive, helpful, and couldn't do enough for you.
I unhesitatingly commend this little gem to anyone whom enjoys Indian food, as the cuisine is superior to the "run of the mill" Indian establishment

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have been to Ma Goa a couple of times, both to eat in and take away - the service is great (very sweet and helpful staff) and the food is excellent!

It's the kind of place where you can try something a little different (as we always do) without the risk of disappointment or food envy - their chicken dishes are lovely, and their salmon starter is incredible. I have been repeatedly impressed by Ma Goa - and I am especially happy that they haven't rested on their laurels at all. Thank you!

MaGoa, Manager at Ma Goa, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us on Trip Advisor. We hope you will make a trip to see us again soon! The Ma Goa Team

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Ma Goa is an excellent place for proper authentic goan food and to compliment it all the service is 5 star.Vibhav the restaurant manager is a very good ambassador for the restaurant and a true goan.The ambience of the restaurant is very pleasent and gives a warm feeling.

MaGoa, General Manager at Ma Goa, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

We really appreciate your review & look forward to seeing you back at Ma Goa soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Ma Goa is a terrific restaurant, and despite having been to India several times this remains my favorite Indian (Goan) restaurant on the planet.
The food is top notch, and we have never gone wrong. My wife and I are just back from a visit to Jolly Old England, and Ma Goa was a must stop.
The Chorizo starter is top notch, Lamb shank excellent, and everything we've ever had here is worth returning for. Try it, you'll love it!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Not sure what to have on arrival, the waiter asked us lots of questions regarding our tastes and how hot we like things, then made 3 amazing recommendations. The food was amazing, and the customer service was what I would expect from a Michelin star restaurant.