“ma goa excellent food”
Review of Ma Goa

Ma Goa
Reserve with OpenTable
Ma Goa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,507 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Transit: Tube: East Putney, Bus Nos. 337,430 Putney Bridge
Description: At Ma Goa Restaurant, my Mother and her team prepare their favourite dishes using family recipes passed down the generations. Our menu takes inspiration from all regions of India but we have a passion for Goa. Since its opening in 1993, we have won critical acclaim & we take pride in the fact that we are a genuine family-run independant restaurant. Our mission has always been to serve tasty, fresh, unpretentious home-style paired with incredible craft beers from our tap wall. Situated 2 minutes away from Putney British Rail & 5 minutes away from East Putney Tube it makes a perfect venue before a night on the town. We also offer a popular take-away & local delivery service via Deliveroo & UberEats & a party catering service. We look forward to welcoming you to Ma Goa soon.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Ma goa's food is so excellent that me and my family always want to go there. Service is supurb. My son loves their chicken dishes so much that we always get some take away for next day. Being a veg.
i find more choice then vegitarian restaurant, their palak paneer and bagan is mouth watering not to mention veg starter. The best thing is their food is very healthy, not oily as most indian restaurant. I would certainly recomond it
sudha

2  Thank Sudha K
There are newer reviews for Ma Goa

Reviewed December 9, 2012

so far the best indian place I tried in London. the menu was different from typical indian restaurants but all the dishes we got were so tasty. in addition service was great. would definitely recommend to others.

1  Thank Jaekco
MaGoa, Owner at Ma Goa, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thanks for your glowing review Jaekco which I will pass on to our team. We really appreciate you taking the time to tell others about Ma Goa on Trip Advisor. We look forward to seeing you in the restaurant soon. Kind regards, Deepak.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Service, tops! Food, amazing! Price, way less than you'd think!!

Make sure you get the stuffed papard as an entree - you will not be disappointed!

MaGoa, Owner at Ma Goa, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Wow! Best in Putney. Now that makes us REALLY proud! Thanks for taking the time to write your review & we hope to welcome you back at Ma Goa soon. Kind regards Deepak

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We visited this restaurant recently and were not disappointed. Excellent food, beautifully spiced and nicely presented. We didn't find the restaurant noisy at all and the waiters were charming and efficient. The lady who I think was in charge was very efficient but a little stern and rarely smiled - we suspected she'd had a bad day - but apart from that, we had a great night out and will be back again.

MaGoa, Manager at Ma Goa, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is more important than you can imagine. I am very sorry if I gave the wrong impression to you when you dined with us. Admittedly, we were a little under-staffed and that may have been I was a little more under pressure than usual, although I should not have let you notice that. I'm glad to read that you will return & look forward to welcoming you with a smile soon! Regards

Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I took our daughter and her husband to Ma Goa as a surprise to celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary. Goa is a special place for them as that's where he proposed and then they went there for their honeymoon. The 'Ma Goa' family were especially attentive; the food was perfection and overall service and ambience were great.

MaGoa, Owner at Ma Goa, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Hi, It was great to meet you all & I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the evening with us. I hope that we will see you all again soon. Thanks for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. Regards, Deepak