“Food good but experience not so good.”

Bodean's BBQ - Clapham
Ranked #2,424 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Clapham / Battersea
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We went on a Monday night to celebrate my hubby's birthday and had to wait around for an hour for a table (so def book, no matter what night it is).

They seated us next to another couple in the same booth, which i found to be extremely uncomfortable as we all were listening to each others conversations and sharing sauces, etc. needless to say - we tried to eat as fast as possible and get out of there quick.

Food was good though. Probably best as a group of friends than a meal out with your loved one.

There are newer reviews for Bodean's BBQ - Clapham

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Well, for Britain its the best I have. The portions are american and the flavours are mostly spot on - but you'll pay a price for the experience. They do have great american beer though. I know, I know, but seriously. Worth a look in if you wants some baby-back baby-back baby-back ribs!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Tried to eat there last night (Saturday) one and a half hour wait for a table, so went to Hache instead (see review) must be busy for a reason, so will try booking next time.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

A good all round American style diner. Lots of meat on the menu haha !! Service is good with very friendly staff. Be prepared to queue as this place gets busy and its easy to see why. The pulled pork is amazing here and they have a good choice of combos including chicken, shrimp and steak. A really lively atmosphere and generally the music is played quite loud. My only quibble all be it a small one is that the Clapham BBQ does not take bookings. They operate a walk in first come first served basis and the wait can be an hour or more so why not pop over to the Bison while you wait.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

My nephew and I always have a late lunch in this restaurant after watching Manchester United v Liverpool in the pub next door. So we go at least twice a year, on a Sunday and it's always impressive to find the place full and the atmosphere welcoming and very laid back. We have the mixed platter starter of ribs, chicken wings and pulled pork in a wrap, which are all divine. I can whole-heartedly recommend the Burnt Ends for the main course. There is so much flavour packed in this wonderful dish, I can't help stuffing my face and grinning between mouthfuls. I couldn't tell you what the desserts are like as I'm always too full to even contemplate one.

The Polish waitress remembered us from last time and like the rest of the staff, she was attentive, friendly and super-efficient. I love this place!! A BBQ lover's haven.