“Be very wary unsecure site with automated entry system with no back-up.....”
Review of onesixtwo

and 1 more site!
onesixtwo
Ranked #421 of 572 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 10, 2012

After a long few days of travelling arrived at hotel around 7pm with thousands of people heading to the fireworks.. Tried to register with the self-service machine which didn't recognise my surname, rang house keeping number no reply, started to feel quite scared alone in London with all these people around. Tried ringing the bell which was answered and then immediately cut-off, after 45 mins of trying to enter the hotel I decided to go and try some other hotels in the area.
Fortunetly I found a bed for the night but as I was supposed to have been staying at onesixtwo for three nights for the tennis at O2 and had confirmed before leaving it was a very frightening experience. Around two hours later I was called to be advised that someone would come and let me in !!! I advised that I had made alternative arrangements and wished to cancel my entire booking whereupon I was told I would be charged for the Saturday night !!! I have not checked my visa yet but will be putting a formal complaint in re this accomodation. I would certainly not advise anyone to arrive at the hotel without ensuring someone will be there to meet you, my understanding from others around that my experience is a frequent occurence for travellers to this hotel. I would never have booked it over 6 months ago if I had realised it was an unattended building as I am a single woman who was travelling alone.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Arrived around 8.30-9.00pm after spending a lovely day at the O2 tennis. My daughter had booked and confirmed twice that we would have a twin bedded room, this was not so, my daughter rang the owner who is in Brighton on a mobile to ask for a twin-bedded room, unfortunately we could not be moved so he arranged for the bed to be divided and the room rearranged. This was arranged after about an hour, but we were itching to have a shower and relax. TV didn't work. Room was also smelly, so windows were opened. My shower was fine but unfortunately for my daughter whilst she was showering the water got so hot she burnt herself and then it suddenly went cold. Not the end of the story, we went to bed, dozing off and around 11.30-midnight someone knocked on our door asking if we had a double room, this was very unnerving as we felt very uncomfortable knowing no-one was on site and obviously not knowing who was knocking on our door, this put us on edge all night hearing whoever going up and down the stairs, so no sleep, we were pleased to see daylight in the morning, I cannot believe that we were charged £140 for 1 night, a complete RIP OFF. Recommend look for alternative accommodation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked a nights stay here after watching the tennis at the 02 arena. All other hotels nearby were full, and it looked lovely on the website. Saw the other trip advisor reviews the day before we went and thought it can't be that bad can it? Well actually it's worse. From the outside it looked like a hostel, inside wasn't any better. Check in system is electronic so there isn't even anybody to complain too. We were given the ground floor room which contained the boiler lovely and noisey!! The cleanliness of the room was like nothing I had ever seen, it was filthy. Everything seemed to be broke or loose. We really didn't want to stay but weren't left with much of an option as it was late on an evening. We didn't even make it to breakfast, we daren't to be honest looking at everywhere else! The worst thing is the price! I'm not sure how they dare charge £100!! I advise anybody who is considering staying not too, it's absolutely disgusting.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I booked a room for 12 and 13 October (room 6 for the night before my wedding, and the wedding night), and a room for 12 October (room 11 for the night before my wedding for my two bridesmaids). My friend booked a room for 13 October (room 11 for the wedding night). We also recommended other friends to stay.

On 12 October, room 6 was very cold. I could not get the radiators to work and so rang the number on their website at about 10.15pm. We were told that he would be at the hotel in around 20 minutes to come and find out what the problem was, so I spent the evening upstairs in room 11 with the bridesmaids and waited for him. An hour and a half later he still hadn't turned up, so we rang and his phone was switched off! I spent a very chilly night in room 6, and was understandably quite upset that the night before my wedding I had to stay up past midnight to try and get the heating sorted, and then spent the night shivering.

On the morning of 13 October (my wedding day) there was no hot water to shower, so I had to wait and use the shower in room 11. I complained to one of the staff about the heating and hot water, and she kindly found a heater to plug in to warm up room 6. It's unfortunate that she put the heater directly under my wedding dress. Luckily I came back to room 6 in time to cool the dress down before it set on fire.

I had a hairdresser, other bridesmaids and family arriving. With the heat of the hairdryer, we decided to open the patio doors in room 11. I was quite distressed to find out that the doors do not unlock, even though they are linked to the fire escape. That has to be a serious heath and safety issue. Two of the staff also tried to open them but could not, and said that the hotel was already aware of this.

My friends then took over room 11 and got ready for the wedding. They were unable to lock the door to room 11 from the outside, so they had to leave the room open for the whole day and night. Again, the staff advised that the hotel was aware of this. This is absolutely not acceptable, especially as one of my bridesmaids left her ipod in room 11 and it is now missing.

When my new husband and I returned to the hotel in the evening on 13 October, there was still no heating (expect for the portable plug in heater). In the morning of the 14th, just before heading off on honeymoon, we could not even shower because the water was once again freezing cold.

Once back from honeymoon I sent an email to the owner requesting a response to my comments and nothing was forthcoming.

Terrible place, nothing like the website. The only good feedback I can give is to the hotel worker who served breakfast, she was lovely and seemed quite embarrassed by all the problems we encountered.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
1  Thank EmmaMinstrel
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Found this hotel on the website and thought would try a smallish place with the hope of a more personnal service. However, check-in is via a computer screen and there was no-one around to talk to or ask questions. Our room was on the top floor via 4 flights of stairs and the door to the room was smaller than a average room, the stairs were steep and tight. There was a patio style door which was locked and could not get it open even with the keyl However view from the room of London was spectacular. When went to breakfast on Tuesday morning was extremely disappointed as there was no cooked breakfast, the fruit looked as if it had been left over night and there was not much of it. The girl who served the tea told us that the patio had been broke for a while and even though she had informed the manager, nothing had been done. The toaster was not working properly and about an hour after breakfast, we had to have something to eat. However the girl who served us breakfast on the Wednesday morning was extremely helpful and seemed to have things, like the toaster working well.

Room Tip: Not suitable for families, especially with young children. If you don't want any contact then t...
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Yes this place is not a friendly B and B because there is nobody on site. Yes it is an absolute rip off. It is in a row of pretty grotty shops and hard to find. You have to check in via a screen which eventually worked for us.
The room was so small one person had to sit on the bed so you could move around. For breakfast and cleaning there is a sweet girl who is holding the whole thing together. The room was clean but various things in the shower room were not working. The walls are not insulated so you can hear every movement from the rooms next door!!!! We were going to Eltham Palace so location was OK.

1  Thank loulou089
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I booked a 3 night stay at this 'hotel' that describes itself as a contemporary guesthouse. We were not expecting the Ritz, a semi-decent B&B would have been just fine - on arrival there was nobody there. No check-in desk let alone a 24 hour check-in desk. We eventually found a touchscreen machine in the very small foyer that allowed us to check in electronically and deposited keys to the room (incidentally all you need is a booking surname to get some keys, no further identification is required which poses serious security concerns).

Once we got the keys we had to negotiate going up some small, narrow, steep stairs (no lift / elevator on-site) to a room on the top floor with our luggage. After recovering at the top we entered the room and found a TV covered in dust on the floor and a wire hanging out of the wall. Worried that the hotel may think this damage was caused during our stay we tried to contact them. After four missed calls, someone eventually picked up and told us that TV should have been taken away earlier.. (this is the only nice part) they offered to swap us into another room. This other room happened to be in the basement with very little natural light, contained many unwelcomed eight legged friends and had an insecure handrail leading down to it. After a first uncomfortable night we decided enough was enough.

One the first morning, we left and cancelled. We called the hotel to ask for a refund of the remainder of the stay based on safety grounds (no one there and only two keys separating you from the outside world). Initially they said that would be OK and then after thinking about it for a few hours decided to refuse and stick to the cancellation policy.

I would recommend this hotel to absolutely noone, unless you're travelling Europe on a shoestring budget and even then this there is no value for money in staying here. There is a very nice Clarendon just down the road in the village which you should pick instead.

2  Thank TravellerAmbler