“Excellent Food and Service”
Review of Amitas Restaurant - CLOSED

Amitas Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Scrumptious Dinner worth dinning in this restaurant. Excellent meal and service was great.looking forward to dine again

1  Thank Aavanti S

Reviewed June 12, 2013

A friend and I discovered this place once when he came to London from work and fancied some paneer. We came to Amita's in East London about 2 years ago and have been coming here every week ever since. Even if he is not working in London, he'll drive from Peterborough to east London especially for the food here.
The service is great - we've always been served by the same waiter (who knows our order by heart), and the ambiance in the place is very nice - softly played music in the background and not ridiculously loud. The price is adequate and hasn't really changed since we've been going. I've listed below what we usually order.
It's a little gem - but far too quiet - for the life of me I don't know why it's not much more busier - possibly because it's pure vegetarian. But the paneer is fantastic!

Definitely recommend it, especially for the paneer, but the food as a whole is great - some of the choices on the menu you won't find in many places (khandvi being one of them).

Our usual order:
1 x paneer chilli gravy
1 x paneer tikka masala
1 x portion roti
1 x butter naan

3  Thank KhandBapa
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have visited this restaurant in Green street on multiple occasions the last being in March 2013. We are a family with 2 children (5 year & 1 year old). This restaurant is truly a treat for Vegetarians.
The cuisine is a mix of Gujarati-Indian, South-Indian and Indo-Chinese fusion dishes. The food is really delicious and can vouch for it as we eat only vegetarian food. Our long time favourite has been the Chinese sizzler and the Amitas specialty sizzler. The ambience is excellent and decor pretty modern. The best part is that you dont come out of the restaurant with the smell lingering onto your clothes.
What sets this place apart is the service which can range from exceptionally good to downright eccentric which adds to the experience. The restaurant appears to be a family run unit and as far as I can recall has no trained waiters/servers and the orders are taken and served by family members. The gentleman who waits upon the table for your custom is forgetful and can forget to get water or other dishes you have ordered. Otherwise the service is pleasant, friendly, has a personal touch and is at a relaxed pace. Dishes are value-for-money considering that they are exceptionally good and freshly made.
The restaurant also has a savoury/snack bar from which you can pick up various Indian savouries/sweets. Our favourite sweet has always been the freshly made hot Jalebi's. Again these are invariably delicious.
The restaurant is family friendly and my daughter loves going here.
All in all if you love your food (vegetarian) and have a sense of humour then you will enjoy the experience and talk of the service for sometime. I am sure that you will return as we often do

4  Thank raghuhv
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I could not fault this place. Great food and cheap! Lovely waiter. I read this was London's #1 Indian vegetarian restaurant so went there expecting a line up. It was quiet as I went early. I will definitely be back, it's also on Green Street which I found fascinating with all of the beautiful saree's. Make the trip, you won't be disappointed.

3  Thank Sara7777_7777
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family and I visited Amitas for a birthday, so a large mix of kids and adults. The menu had an excellent choice of traditional gujerati, south indian and indo chinese dishes to suit all taste. When the food arrived, it was delivered to the taste that we requested, i.e. not too hot and spicy for the younglings and the portion sizes were also generous!

The food presentation was also very good, so was the taste and the service. By 8pm Sunday, the place was busy and full of many satisfied customers!

Only downside is location as parking near Greenstreet can be difficult.

In summary, this place comes highly recommended as the food, hosts and presentation are all on very good as I have done my fair share of veg eat outs in this area!

Considering that Green Street is full of of poor quality eat outs that cater for the Bangla community ('Chicken Fried this', 'Chicken Fried that', 'Bangla Curry Houses'), Amita's place makes a refreshing change as your cloths do not stink of curry, burnt mustard oil and fish!

Give it a try as you will not be disapointed!

2  Thank sanj l