“Fabulous hotel with really lush rooms according to my children and I agree.”

Andaz London Liverpool Street
Ranked #122 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Cardiff
“Fabulous hotel with really lush rooms according to my children and I agree.”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

If you are looking for a trendy hotel that's a calm oasis in the City, then look no further. The Andaz manged to impress my 15 year old son and 10 year old daughter and pampered my (mum) every need. It made my trip to the capital stressless. The minimal decor within the original architecture of the building is impresive and the quality our room was exceptional. This was our second visit to this hotel and were were not disappointed. Our room on this occasion was even better than the last. We hardly wanted to venture out. The bathroom was roomy and pristine; the main bedroon /lounge was to die for and complimentary non-alcohol contents of the minibar and snacks an added bonus, and the freshly made brownies that appeared in our room when we were out , exceptional ! My children do not want to stay any where else in London ( and we have sampled many other hotels) and I have to agree . We had dinner in the 1901 resturant and were welcomed warmly. The meal was excellent and the service throughout the hotel equally so. The Andaz is well positioned on the underground system and well worth an extra few minutes journey from the West End. We look forward to very much to our next visit.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Curtis-Hughes
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
Thank you so much for your review. We are absolutely thrilled that you and your children enjoyed your stay with us. We are equally pleased that you enjoyed your dinner in 1901 restaurant and we will make sure to forward your review to our staff. We hope to welcome you back to Andaz very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dublin
Reviewed February 23, 2011

We booked this hotel on the recommendation of a friend & what a find it was. Perfectly pitched to access any part of London with Liverpool Street station on your doorstep & ideal for us as we were getting the Stanstead Express from the airport.

The hotel is wonderfully appointed, thoughtfully designed & feels like a hotel twice it's price. We have stayed in countless design hotels all over the world & the Andaz felt like an exceptionally worthy competitor. The staff were friendly without being overbearing & the small touches such as complimentary snacks, wine in the evenings, bathroom products & an area guide were all spot on.

We ate lunch in the hotel & enjoyed some lovely cocktails on one evening. We skipped the breakfast option as Spitalfields markets & lots of lovely brunch spots are on the doorstep.

We were so impressed that we have now booked their sister hotel in New York for our next getaway. Can't wait.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, February 28, 2011
Thank you so much for leaving your comments here. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the Andaz Liverpool Street as well as the local area. We are extremely pleased that following your stay with us you will be staying at one of our Andaz hotels in New York. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property very soon.
New York, New York
Reviewed February 19, 2011

This is the first review I've written regarding this hotel. First of all the staff are excellent and do their very best to ensure you have a wonderful time! A couple of things however, I wish the elevator went from the room floors directly to the health club, you have to go through the lobby, a bit annoying. Also I just stated in room 552 and I hate to say you can hear everyone upstairs snd the toilet flushing next door, I was woken up at 5:45am. The rooms are modern and clean, you have turn down service which is excellent. In all this hotel is highly professional and the staff are great. I most certainly return!!! The staff make the hotel!

• Stayed February 2011
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are so pleased to read your comments about our staff and we will make sure we share this with them. The hotel dates back to 1884 and is also grade II listed which means we are restricted in making changes to the structure. We are sorry about the noise, we will make sure our Engineering Team checks the room for sound proof. The noise of the toilet is due to our bathrooms being equipped with a vacuum based water system, designed to use 80% less water than a regular system which results in a louder flush mode. Thank you for your comments and we hope to welcoming you back at Andaz very soon.
KL
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We had a one day transit in London before flying back to KL after our europe trip. The hotel was perfect!! We arrived very late (after midnite) after a flight delay from barcelona. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. We had a minor problem when she said that I have to pay for the room eventhough I have made a prepaid booking thru a travel agency. She assured me to look into it and then she escorted both of us to our room. After showing and brief us about the room, I wanted to tip her...but she declined, eventhough I insisted, she said its ok. A few minutes later I got a call from her saying that she had sorted out my problem, as there were double booking made under my name. A first class service!! I also love everything about the hotel, location, free minibar, a bag of light breakfast, size of the room, the bed :)) Definitely will be back if we are in town.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
Thank you very much for your review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us despite the double booking situation upon arrival. Sorry about the situation but we are glad that this was sorted out straight away for you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Went as part of a wedding group and took advantage of group discounts so was able to save some money. Valet parking is almost a necessity in this part of the city, just grin and bear it, worth every penny. Brilliant staff, couldnt be more helpful.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff brilliant. We hope the wedding went well and very much look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2011

We recently stayed at the Andaz, Liverpool Street, after finding a great deal on Secret Rooms. This hotel is 5 star all the way. Located next to Liverpool Street station, it is a great location for a weekend break in London. The staff are friendly, attentive and welcoming (the room maid even held the door open for us). The rooms are modern, clean and contain everything you need. We arrived at check-in time, 3pm, and received a free upgrade to a King Room just because there was one available. We didn't try the adjacent restaurants and bars because we had already planned to go to the theatre, but they looked very nice and the prices were very reasonable for London. The mini-bar in the room contained a selection of fruit juices and water - which were free of charge. The room also had tea/coffee making facilities. We would definitely stay there again and have already recommended friends to go there!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay at Andaz and for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us. We are really happy that you enjoyed the location as well as the service provided by our staff. Thank you very much for recommending us to your friends and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Bedford, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 4, 2011

To be fair, I'll give you the positives first. The bed/bedding and the shower were awesome. The gym was more than adequate any workout style.

The cost is outrageous -- of course, I knew that going in, but I DEFINITELY had booked a "good morning breakfast" package that they refused to honor upon my arrival but would not adjust my room rate accordingly. I was told that there were different snack foods each morning in the lobby - just to eat there. (They were good muffins and pastries, always the same.)

I thought it was only my experience, but in the elevator I heard two people joking about how "shiny and new" the hotel looked, "but nothing actually works". The plumbing and electrical both needed "help" in my room.

It really is in a location difficult to access or to walk to.

I'm a regular Hyatt guest (all over the world) and was disappointed this week. I won't be back to this one.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are sorry to learn through your review on this site about the situation with the rate confusion upon arrival. The Andaz concept offers various food and drink items throughout different times of the day in the Lounge (lobby) as a welcome amenity and are not a substitute to our meals in our restaurants. The hotel has a on-going preventative maintenance programme in place and we will continue to focus on the standards of our property. We take your comments seriously and will keep focusing on our on-going staff development in this non-traditional set-up.

The hotel is located next to one of London's main train stations, Liverpool Street which gives you easy access to the West End and is just a short walk from London's up and coming East End. We hope to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.