We spent the first weekend of our honeymoon in London. This was my husband's first time to London...and my first trip back to London in 4 years.
We had received a glowing recommendation for the Andaz from a friend who lives in the area. She cited both the interior and the location as a key reasons to spend the weekend there.
We looked up a few reviews and booked (an extremely reasonable price)!
Our stay at the Andaz was exactly the way we had envisioned our honeymoon starting. We arrived from New York City at 6 am, London time and dragged ourselves to the hotel, exhausted. Immediately greeted and welcomed, the staff checked us in and took us to an available room, where we gladly crashed on the comfortable bed for a few hours.
We chose an interior facing room (read: no natural light) because we really wanted to rest for a few hours without distraction. We were offered a room with a view, but declined. The room itself was fantastic! Great use of space, with a funky light, comfortable bed, and attractive closet. All of the items in the mini bar were complementary and the staff was quick to respond to any items we needed (ironing board, transformer for hair appliances). The bathroom was large, complete with top notch spa products.
The toilet/bathtub operate with water saving functionality, meaning that there is a holding tank for water and the toilet/shower doesn't drain until enough water is in the tank. This does result in a slightly loud shower experience (a loud whooshing noise), but as long as you're not showering while your partner is trying to sleep, it's not a cause for concern (and besides, I really appreciated the water conservation).
The Andaz is a modern hotel set inside a beautiful historic building. It's fun to wander through the halls and steps and explore the integration between new and old. The gym was well-equipped and room service was the best I've ever had!
The location couldn't be better. Located right next door to the Liverpool Underground, the Andaz is walkable to the Old City, Tower of London/London Bridge, Spitalfields, Brick Lane, and even Shoreditch. HIGHLY recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uncover the first of Hyatt's Andaz brand, and redefine your personal style at Andaz Liverpool Street. Located in the heart of the city, this London 5-star luxury hotel provides the perfect location for both business and leisure. One of the original London railway hotels, formerly opened as the Great Eastern, the Andaz is housed in a beautiful redbrick Victorian building dating back to 1884. Once inside, it transforms into a 21st century masterpiece, with 267 beautifully appointed modern guest rooms. Walking through the doors of the only Liverpool Street hotel, you are immediately greeted by an Andaz Host and invited to relax in the Andaz Lounge. Sip a complimentary beverage while the check-in comes to you via handheld iPads. Internet access, local landline phone calls and non-alcoholic mini-bar are provided complimentary for all our guests throughout their stay. Andaz Liverpool Street is included in 2013's Conde Nast Traveller Gold List. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Andaz London Liverpool Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andaz Liverpool Street Hotel London
- Hyatt London
- Andaz London Liverpool Street England