Lowest prices for your stay
$269
New York City, New York
Andaz Liverpool St
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 29, 2019
I was made Guest of the
Day, had a bottle of wine in my room on arrival, hotel staff so friendly. It is a beautiful hotel and excellent location right next to Liverpool St station so easy to get to underground and train. Hotel is beautifully appointed and feels very homely and welcoming. Is excellent!
Date of stay: August 2019Trip type: Traveled solo
0.4 miles from Andaz London Liverpool Street
1.8 miles from Andaz London Liverpool Street
View more hotels in London
5,176 results
All reviews mini bar the financial district king room brick lane fantastic hotel checking in modern hotel west end tube station lobby minibar spitalfields slippers tower doorman pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2019

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel has some wonderfully quirky designs but is at the same time comfortable and relaxed. Every member of staff was totally dedicated to providing us with our every need.
We were lucky enough to be the guests of the day. We received a handwritten card accompanied by a beautiful plate of delicious macaroons, chocolates, nougat and berries and then later an amazing bottle of wine arrived! This made our stay even more special.
The hotel is incredibly well positioned for all trips around London as it is so close to Liverpool Street Station.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank rawlie1
Mario F, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay at Andaz London.

We are pleased to read that the hotel and our staff were able to meet your expectations, and provide you with pleasant stay with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience as Guest of the Day and we are very happy to read that this made your stay even more special. This is our greatest reward and your comments will be a great source of motivation for all of us.

Once again thank you for your time and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Andaz London in the future.

Reviewed August 24, 2019

The location is ideal if you're meeting someone in the City. The room was small-ish with a shower and no bath -- so ask about that if it's important to you. The staff were proactive and helpful: the best feature. The "have a glass of wine" hour is a nice touch but, in my experience, peanuts do not count as canapés. So, not opulent, but clean and the Ren toiletries are a nice touch.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank SingleSpy
Mario F, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2019

Dear SingleSpy,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your Andaz experience!

Reviewed August 23, 2019

The front desk was friendly at check in but overall unhelpful when I asked for dinner restaurant recommendations. They had no clue where I could go for Italian style food and they didn’t know about any of those that I read off from opentable looking for feedback. They were all within a few hundred meters according to google maps. It was a few people at the desk at the time, not just a single person. I was left with browsing google and randomly picking a restaurant for my group of clients for dinners. Not good.

Also, out of my party of 4, only 2 of the rooms were ready for check in.

My room refreshments were not restocked so I had an empty fridge and no chips.

Finally, they have also done away with the happy hour sushi and snacks (or at least as far as I could see) which was a bummer.

All in all it seems to have been quite a miss with the Andaz.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear rrk925,

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to leave a review highlighting your recent stay with us.

Please accept our sincere apologies for your experiences regarding dining options and your experience with your rooms and the wine hour; please rest assured that your feedback has been noted and we will ensure a more efficient service is provided for future.

Should you wish to further discuss this with us, please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Experience team on 02079611234 and we will be thrilled to hear from you.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Andaz London in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2019

This Andaz is strictly ok. I wouldn't say it's on par with other luxury hotels in the London area, certainly not in the boutique category. The hotel is large, a little noisy (as it's directly outside of Liverpool Street Station) and a little blander than other Andaz's I've been to.

The rooms themselves need a little love - little things here and there like just cleaning the grout a little better in the bathroom, or attaching poles to the hard to close window shades. I would rate this about the same as any other large chain hotel in that department.

The issue I have is more with Hyatt for this review. We booked connecting rooms for 2 adults / 3 children. I called several times to make sure they understood that I needed these rooms to be connected. I booked directly with Hyatt and called the hotel to make sure that it was possible. We arrived late on a Friday night and were told that there were no connecting rooms available. I was told to come back the next day to see if they would grant us connecting rooms. I was also told that the kids would be free for breakfast. We agreed that we would split everyone up for the night and take a chance that we could get connecting rooms the next day.

The next day, we were told still no connecting rooms. They even asked us how important the connecting rooms were. I reiterated they were very important as we were travelling as a family and it makes things much easier. They could accommodate us the next day with connecting rooms (halfway through our vacation.)

We also tried the breakfast at the hotel, only to find out that the kids were not actually free, they were 50% off. Thankfully the staff was gracious and removed the children from our bill.

The last complaint I have is that the hotel advertises king rooms but then switches them for queen rooms. While the hotel claims that the room I was in was a king room, it definitely was either the smallest king room they had, or it was a queen room. I suspect a queen room because, of course, the room had a queen bed and no space around it. The other rooms we switched to two nights later were definitely much bigger.

Thankfully, this was the low season for the hotel and the pound is crashing so we got an amazing deal. Without that, I definitely would have switched to save myself some money.

1  Thank JP N

Dear JosephN1919,

Thank you so much for leaving us a rating regarding your experience at Andaz London.

Please accept our sincere apologies for your experiences regarding the miscommunication with your allocations; please rest assured that your feedback has been noted and we will ensure a more efficient service is provided for future.

Should you wish to discuss this in more detail with us, please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Experience team on 02079611234 and we will be thrilled to hear from you.

Reviewed August 20, 2019

This hotel was certainly better than I expected, with the staff particularly helpful and efficient. I did have a small maintenance issue that was rectified immediately without fuss or delay. The best review I can give - I shall stay again!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank David W

Dear David W,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your Andaz experience!