“Very nice hotel, a bit out of central London”

Andaz London Liverpool Street
Ranked #126 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 30, 2009

The hotel is extremely nice and elegant with great, large rooms. Immaculate, but slightly outside of central, though the tube is literally next door and so is a cab stand so its quite convenient for travelling within the city.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Andaz London Liverpool Street

Reviewed December 20, 2009

This hotel is not very close to central London and the photos are a little exagerrated. The rooms have a view of the building next door and are very expensive.

If you are staying in London for a couple of days thare are better value hotels and more central to theatres and shops.

The breakfast is average and this seems to be a hotel that is used by city bankers who are nor paying their own bills and are using this as a corporate hotel and don't worry about value for money.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BABSJM
Reviewed December 10, 2009

I travel a lot on business throughout North America and Europe, and I don’t impress easily. However, the effortless check-in process – at 7:00 in the morning no less! – the scale and decor of the room I received (and the fruit juices in the minibar!), the courteous and attentive service provided by your staff throughout my stay and the impressive selection of bars and restaurants onsite were very, very impressive.

I’ve never written a fan letter to a hotel before, and I don’t expect to do so again, but my experience at the Andaz Liverpool Street was really quite beyond what I expect when travelling on business. Well done.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
AndazHotel, Management at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2009

Dear Adayes,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about your stay at Andaz Liverpool Street London. I am very happy to read your comments and have already shared them with our team. We appreciate you've taken the time to share your impressions about our hotel, and we are certainly very glad you have had such a pleasant stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Best personal regards,

Arnaud de Saint-Exupéry

Reviewed November 29, 2009

My husband and I spent three nights at the Andaz through redemption of my Hyatt Gold Passport points, and were very happy with our stay. We were offered coffee and tea upon our arrival. Our reservation was in order (we had requested an early check-in when we booked the room) and the non-traditional check-in process was relatively seamless and quick. We were earlier than our early check-in request, and they gave us the option to wait until the room-with-a-view we requested was ready or take a similar room that was ready but internally-facing - we took the ready, internally-facing room.

We enjoyed the sleek styling of the lobby, and the traditional styling of the internal area between the hotel and the 1901 restaurant. The decor of our room was also sleek and contemporary, just a bit dark for our tastes as our windows looked internally into the hotel "courtyard" or atrium (which we knew ahead of time).

The room was very clean, and the bed very comfortable. The bath was okay; the shower's water temp would fluctuate quite frequently and seemed to lose its heat as the shower progressed. Also, there were no regular outlets in the bathroom except for face shavers - they did provide a hairdryer and hideaway mirror vanity at the desk, but I'd prefer to have the option to dry my hair in the bathroom; my husband had to shave his head with his electric head shaver in the bedroom instead of the bath.

We heard very, very little from our neighbors through the walls of our room; the noise we did hear was from the hallway - doors closing, the clinking of glasses/bottles from the housekeeping carts, etc. But it wasn't an overwhelming bother.

Compared to the hotels I've stayed at in the U.S., turndown service here was pretty late in the evening - close to 9pm.

We didn't use the workout facilities, but we did take a tour of them and were impressed. The gym was relatively spacious, with cardio equipment and weights. There was a steam room also, in addition to the treatment rooms associated with the spa.

The staff we interacted with were all friendly and very helpful, providing information about food and attractions both in the local area and in other areas of London.

We found the hotel conveniently located, right next to the Liverpool tube station and a short walk to the Spitalfields Market, St Paul's Cathedral, London Bridge, etc. What we didn't fully realize is that the area right around the hotel is mostly business-oriented, so some of the shops and eateries are not open later in the evening or on the weekends. We were doubly-surprised to hear that some of the Andaz's restaurants are also closed over the weekend (the sushi place and Catch). Their George pub was open on the weekend, and we enjoyed a pint there and the ambiance. On Friday evening, we had a late night dessert and coffee/tea at Andaz's Eastway - both the sticky toffee pudding and the banana dish were fantastic.

We would definitely stay at the Andaz again for our next trip to London.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
AndazHotel, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2009

Dear Ms. Mizpicky,

Greetings from Andaz Liverpool Street Hotel and thank you very much for your comments about your stay, which I have shared with the team. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our property and certainly we look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in a not too distant future.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Best personal regards,

Arnaud de Saint Exupéry

Reviewed November 27, 2009

Only spent 1 night at the andaz but thoroughly enjoyed our stay. From the moment we walk in it felt special, with a relaxed and speedy personnal check in process. The rooms were well appointed and with the added bonus of a free minibar consisting of water, juices and snacks was a welcome surprise. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean and tidy. we would recommend this hotel for a perfect stay in london

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
AndazComments, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2009

Dear Ms. Jayjaybell,

Greetings from Andaz Liverpool Street London and thank you very much for the comments you have made about your stay in our Hotel. I am happy to see you have enjoyed our check in process in a relaxed and calm atmosphere and enjoyed the other amenities offered. I will make sure I pass on your comments to the rest of the team.

Once again wanted to thank you very much for your positive comments, and look forward to welcome you back to your Andaz Liverpool Street London Hotel.

With my best personal regards,

Arnaud de Saint Exupery

Reviewed November 22, 2009

Most things have been said about this hotel. It is very stylish, hip, cool but also has a very friendly atmosphere. Staff are really super caring and friendly - that is everyone from a cleaner you meet in the elevator to the check in staff. I loved the check in, very informal and efficient. I travelled with my 3 year old daughter and the staff called her by name during our stay.
One small crib was that we could not get breakfast in the buffet room on a Sat morn about 9.40am - we would have to have waited 30 to 40mins. That was disappointing as we went into the A La carte breakfast room and while the service was great, I thought that the cost of the food was outrageous for what it was. But then this is London!
All in all, a great hotel close to a major train / tube station. Absolutely perfect for anyone who needs to be in The City or East End of London.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Wilderhillgirl

Dear Ms. Wilderhillgirl,

Greetings from the Andaz Liverpool Street Hotel and thank you very much for your review about your stay with us. I am delighted to hear your comments about the friendly atmosphere of our Andaz, and the important comments you have made about our staff. They are the ones that make it happen on a daily basis, and we feel very proud to work with such a professional team. I will make sure I pass on your comments to our team.

On another note, I am sorry to hear your comments about breakfast time, it shouldn't be like this. Please rest assured that your point has been discussed with my team, which should lead hopefully to further improvement. Once again, apologies for this inconvenience.

We all appreciate your comments and we look forward to welcome you back to the Andaz Liverpool Street London.

With my best personal regards,

Arnaud de Saint Exupery

Reviewed November 11, 2009

I was impressed about everything, from innovative (and early) check in to my choice of eateries, price ranges, and personalization. I can't cite any one staff member because every Andaz staff member was outstanding. I feel like I stayed at the George or other expensive hotel--and yet, I saved money! The decor, free juice bar and chocolate covered hazelnuts, and access to the Net were just some of the special touches. The Andaz has it all and does it better than any other hotel in that price range. I shall return!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business