First the gripe. Arriving back from the theatre at 23.00 on a Thursday night there was nowhere we could get a quiet relaxing drink. The Champagne Bar was open until 01.00 but was dreadfully and unbearably and raucously noisy. We were directed to the bar areas of other restaurants in the hotel, but they couldn't serve us because they were booked for functions. This would put us off staying again - nowhere for a quiet moment we thought. However Andaz reception staff reacted beautifully and found us a glass of wine or two in the quiet lobby area. That resolved our problem nicely. Our room was spacious and the bed and quilt were super. But it is the outgoing staff, whether room attendants or reception that make this a five star experience. Amazing to have you name remembered. Great to have the door staff looking to help. Wonderful to have a nice conversation with the team member who remembered that we'd been to the theatre and asked about the production. This team is well-trained, guest-centred and highly motivated. I stay up to 200 hotel nights a year, and this was memorable for all the right reasons - a lovely way to use my Hyatt Goldpoints too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uncover the first of Hyatt's Andaz brand, and redefine your personal style at Andaz Liverpool Street. Located in the heart of the city, this London 5-star luxury hotel provides the perfect location for both business and leisure. One of the original London railway hotels, formerly opened as the Great Eastern, the Andaz is housed in a beautiful redbrick Victorian building dating back to 1884. Once inside, it transforms into a 21st century masterpiece, with 267 beautifully appointed modern guest rooms. Walking through the doors of the only Liverpool Street hotel, you are immediately greeted by an Andaz Host and invited to relax in the Andaz Lounge. Sip a complimentary beverage while the check-in comes to you via handheld iPads. Internet access, local landline phone calls and non-alcoholic mini-bar are provided complimentary for all our guests throughout their stay. Andaz Liverpool Street is included in 2013's Conde Nast Traveller Gold List. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Andaz London Liverpool Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andaz Liverpool Street Hotel London
- Hyatt London
- Andaz London Liverpool Street England