We arrived around 9:30 am and had no problem checking in early. We stayed four nights. One of the primary reasons I like Hyatt hotels is the beds. The bed at this hotel did not disappoint. It was very comfortable, not too soft but not too hard. The room was clean and spacious with a large flat screen and large desk. There was only one porthole window but the room is very well lit. The bathroom had plenty of space for toiletries and a huge tub. Be aware that the tub is very deep and be cautious when stepping out of it.
One of the niceties of this hotel is the small coffee and cookie area behind the reception area. Coffee is from one of those great machines Hyatt always seems to have that dispenses all types of coffee, hot water and hot chocolate. There were also soft drinks available and the staff was extremely helpful in getting the goodies for us. Great sugar cookies and a wonderful fig cookie were available. Occasionally, complimentary wine and small canapes are available in the early evening. Again, the staff is exceptional at this hotel and extremely courteous and helpful. Thomas, the doorman, is engaging and personable and made sure we had umbrellas on the rainy days.
The location is great as long as you are comfortable with the underground or bus. It is quite a ways from the major sites like Buckingham palace or Westminster abbey.
The only real issue is the noise from construction and the local pubs. That is why I recommend an interior room or earplugs. London is a loud city so there is not much that can be done to mitigate the din.
There are restaurants and a pub associated with the hotel and I am reviewing them separately. The pub is great. Would definitely return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uncover the first of Hyatt's Andaz brand, and redefine your personal style at Andaz Liverpool Street. Located in the heart of the city, this London 5-star luxury hotel provides the perfect location for both business and leisure. One of the original London railway hotels, formerly opened as the Great Eastern, the Andaz is housed in a beautiful redbrick Victorian building dating back to 1884. Once inside, it transforms into a 21st century masterpiece, with 267 beautifully appointed modern guest rooms. Walking through the doors of the only Liverpool Street hotel, you are immediately greeted by an Andaz Host and invited to relax in the Andaz Lounge. Sip a complimentary beverage while the check-in comes to you via handheld iPads. Internet access, local landline phone calls and non-alcoholic mini-bar are provided complimentary for all our guests throughout their stay. Andaz Liverpool Street is included in 2013's Conde Nast Traveller Gold List. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Andaz London Liverpool Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andaz Liverpool Street Hotel London
- Hyatt London
- Andaz London Liverpool Street England