“Nice small hotel with outstanding service”

Andaz London Liverpool Street
Ranked #116 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Euless, Texas
“Nice small hotel with outstanding service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We arrived around 9:30 am and had no problem checking in early. We stayed four nights. One of the primary reasons I like Hyatt hotels is the beds. The bed at this hotel did not disappoint. It was very comfortable, not too soft but not too hard. The room was clean and spacious with a large flat screen and large desk. There was only one porthole window but the room is very well lit. The bathroom had plenty of space for toiletries and a huge tub. Be aware that the tub is very deep and be cautious when stepping out of it.
One of the niceties of this hotel is the small coffee and cookie area behind the reception area. Coffee is from one of those great machines Hyatt always seems to have that dispenses all types of coffee, hot water and hot chocolate. There were also soft drinks available and the staff was extremely helpful in getting the goodies for us. Great sugar cookies and a wonderful fig cookie were available. Occasionally, complimentary wine and small canapes are available in the early evening. Again, the staff is exceptional at this hotel and extremely courteous and helpful. Thomas, the doorman, is engaging and personable and made sure we had umbrellas on the rainy days.
The location is great as long as you are comfortable with the underground or bus. It is quite a ways from the major sites like Buckingham palace or Westminster abbey.
The only real issue is the noise from construction and the local pubs. That is why I recommend an interior room or earplugs. London is a loud city so there is not much that can be done to mitigate the din.
There are restaurants and a pub associated with the hotel and I am reviewing them separately. The pub is great. Would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get an interior room to avoid pub and construction noise
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ArnauddeSaintExupery, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for choosing Andaz during your trip to London. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I was glad to hear that even though you have mentioned an issue with the noise your stay was comfortable. Thank you for your loyalty, it is always encouraging to receive comments like yours and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Andaz again in the near future. With my best regards Arnaud.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Blanes, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Spent 5 nights at the Andaz with my 11 year old son for his first trip to London and from arrival was extremely impressed by the wonderful, personal service on offer from all the staff. Our room was beautifully fitted, super comfy bed and good sound insulation made for much needed peaceful nights' seep!! Complimentary goodies, both in room and in reception lounge were great treats, especially glass of wine on arrival after many tourist miles walked!!! Sushi in Miyako restaurant - yummy!! and breakfast buffet in the splendid 1901 restaurant all combined to make our stay thoroughly memorable! Only problem now is convincing my son that not all hotels are like this....??!!!! HIGHLY recommend this hotel - we will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Andaz for your trip to London with your son. I am delighted to hear that the service extended and the facilities provided were to your liking and that both of you had a great time. I have shared your feedback with our team and we are very much looking forward to welcome you back again soon. With warm regards, Arnaud
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this location for three nights. It is a comfortable place with excellent customer service. It is also convenient to several sites, restaurants an even the tube station. The rooms are nicely furnished and the beds very comfortable.

Stayed September 2013
Dear Mary, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback here following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you have found Andaz to be convenient and comfortable. We look forward to welcome you back again soon. With kind regards Arnaud.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I recently spent a week at the Andaz while working in London. What a wonderful hotel! I forgot to request an early check in but didn't need to worry. The reception staff was incredibly accomodating. The entire staff was amazing throughout my week long stay- always there to provide directions, find me a cab, give me an umbrella- whatever I could possibly need. The room was well equipped and incredibly clean. I was amazed that though the hotel was fully booked, my room was quiet- never heard a sound from another guest! I highly recommend the hotel to others and wouldn't stay anywhere else when traveling to London.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Carey, thank you for choosing Andaz. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us while working in London. On behalf of the whole team thank you for the kind comments about our staff and we look forward to welcome you back again soon. With my best regards Arnaud
Tampere, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

From the first moment when I stepped in this hotel, I thought that the service is something extraordinary. The smiling doormen and the nice reception staff were so kind. It felt as if they were your personal hosts more that workers at a reception. I also thought that offering water and cookies upon arrival was a very nice gesture. They remembered and greeted me everytime I passed by the entrance area, and gave thorough explanations to all my questions.

The breakfast at 1901 restaurant was one nice experience, such a beautiful place to start your day. The variation of food was good and I especially appreciated the tasty fresh fruit juices.

It was nice that all the non-alcoholic drinks were free in the minibar. Also the coffee in the lobby was free of charge. Very nice small things.

The morning I left I was going to be in hurry, so I ordered the breakfast to go, and they brought it in my room at 5 am in the morning, nicely packed in a paperbag to be taken with me in the train. I really appreciated this service.

I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to London.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay with Andaz. On behalf of the whole team thank you for the kind comments about our hotel and services. I especially liked your comment about our smiling doormen as it is important to get the first impression right. We are looking forward to welcome you back again soon. With kind regards Arnaud.
Miami, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We arrived ready to put up a fight. Reservations had been a struggle, dealing with cold agents, probably upset at the very good rate we obtained on line. Too trendy to be cool, had we thought.
But from the moment you pass the doors, kind attentions are available upon check in, at the restaurants and with most of the concierges. Rooms are simple, some dark when on the internal courtyard but have all needed amenities, including a free non alcoholic mini bar.
We regret the bathrooms ecologic system which creates loud noises while showering or using the sink. But then again, the intention is good.
The variety of restaurants is great and the bars and pubs keep you entertain.
For those with business/;leisure intentions in this area, is the a good solution.
Among the employees that marked us, Vladimir and Lisa
We appreciated a lot the follow up Email, received 2 days after our check out, and too detailed to be automated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ArnauddeSaintExupery, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us. I am glad that even though you have mentioned an issue during reservation and our vaccum system your overal experience is positive. Your kind words have been shared with Vladimir and Lisa and on behalf of all of us here, we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon. With warm regards, Arnaud
Lake Bluff, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Modern and traditional at the same time. Great restaurants and very convenient located next to Liverpool Station. Excelent recommendations from the employees, including the visit to the "secret temple" on the second floor. We had a great experience and we expereinced a different London. We stayed 3 wonderful nights at the hotel!

Room Tip: I used one of my Hyatt upgrades and the suite was amazing!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us, I was pleased to read your comments regarding good recommendations and that you have found a different London. Thank you for your loyalty, I am glad you liked the suite upgrade. We look forward to welcome you back to London and Andaz again in the near future. With my best regards Arnaud.