“Good Experience...”

Andaz London Liverpool Street
Ranked #126 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a very nice modern hotel next to Liverpool station. Near business district. Lots of food establishments and pubs nearby.We walked to the River Thames and Tower of London and took about 20 minutes by foot. Clean and upscale. Room was small but comfortable for a couple. Free refreshments and pleasant staff. I would come back if had the opportunity.

1  Thank hppytrvler
ArnauddeSaintExupery, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback here following your recent stay with us. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Andaz again in the near further.

There are newer reviews for Andaz London Liverpool Street

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed here with a friend for a joint birthday treat. I was expecting it to be amazing, but it exceeded my expectations 100%! We booked a double room and when we arrived they upgraded us to a suite! Wow! We had two bathrooms, a lounge diner and a good sized bedroom with a huge bed! We also had a complimentary bottle of wine as well as an espresso machine and all the other soft drinks and snacks. I couldn't have asked for more! The hotel is beautiful. Very simple, but so elegant.
We had lunch in The George pub (it is part of the hotel) and really reasonably priced. For £21 we had two salads a portion of chips and two soft drinks. It was
delicious :)
We also had cocktails in the champagne bar. The staff were lovely and suggested cocktails for us to try. I had a Rossini and my friend had a cherry Bellini. They were hands down the nicest champagne cocktails I've tried!
I will definitely be booking again soon, already looking forward to it :)

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for choosing Andaz for your special weekend trip, I’m very pleased to her that you enjoyed your time with us. On behalf of the whole team thank you for the kind comments about our hotel and bars.
We look forward to welcome you back again soon. With my best regards Arnaud.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The hotel check in staff are very welcoming and helpful. Nothing seems too much trouble for them and they always seems to go the extra bit. never pointing you to things in the hotel but talking you. They really do seem to want to make your stay the best it can be.

Id booked a single room but am sure from its size and contents i was in a double which was a pleasant room. The bed was very comfortable and i am not a great sleeper but slept very well indeed. The hotel is unusual in that it contains a masonic temple which the friendly staff are happy to show you if its not being used.

i loved this hotel and am looking forward to my stay in November.

It is not perfect though. I had e-mailed and arranged for some herbal teas to be placed in the room as i do not drink tea or coffee. the e-mails had been answered so was a little disappointed to find it had not been done. I rang down and someone quickly came but arrived with more ordinary tea bags and i had to explain again the mistake. This was the only blip in what was an amazing stay.

London is very accessible from the hotel either by bus, tube or on foot.

Its not the cheapest place to stay but for the standard of service it is worth the extra and certainly weekend rates are not excessive.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel and services. I’m however very sorry to hear that we were not able to get your tea preference correct.
On behalf of the whole team, we look forward to welcome you back in November.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The hotel is in a good location right by Liverpool St station so it was a good base for exploring London - 10 minutes on the tube to Oxford Street. Check-in was a good experience, we were given drinks while we waited and the staff were friendly. We were pleased with the room, a decent size for London and it's a lovely touch that the soft drinks are all complementary. I would stay here again and would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments following your stay with us, it is always encouraging for our staff to receive our guests’ comments like yours.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed here on the 27th of July for one night, as we were visiting London as a birthday treat for my partner. Having never stayed in a 5* hotel before, I really wasn't sure what to expect.

I couldn't have been more delighted! The staff were pleasant and helpful, the check in was easy and the room was lovely. If I was to have one complaint, it would be that the "outside facing room" was facing into Liverpool Street station, by means of a porthole style window!

But that aside, the room was spacious, nicely decorated in a contemporary style and it had a large bathroom with separate bath and shower. The cosmetics provided were great and the free non alcoholic mini bar items were very welcome.

Upon coming downstairs to the lobby on our way out to dinner we found that the heavens had well and truly opened! My partner was a little bit worried that all her efforts would be ruined, but fear not, the hotel staff provided us with a brolly, which was another nice touch.

We actually got engaged that night. I proposed to her under the lights in Hyde Park. She could barely see the ring as it was far darker than I had imagined it would be, but she was delighted and made me a very happy man :) Unfortunately the door staff at the nearby Heron Tower's Sushisamba had decided to try and ruin our evening a little bit later on when we tried to go there for some celebratory drinks. We were treated like some sort of scum, and accused of being drunk. The concierge on duty at the time (after the hotel's cocktail bar had closed) had sent us there and so he was horrified when we told him what had happened.

We were sent a complimentary bottle of wine when we returned to our room, which was a really lovely gesture and meant a great deal to us. I'm not sure what his name was, but I'd really like to thank him.

All in all, a lovely stay and we will definitely go there again the next time we are in London.

Room Tip: Ask for clarification on what your outside room is actually facing out to! :)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Andaz for your very special trip to London, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.
I have shared your kind comments with my teams.
Please also accept our apologies for not being able to locate you a room with an outside view. Hopefully we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to celebrate your anniversary. On behalf of all of us congratulations with the engagement. With my best regards Arnaud

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Extremely poor value for money........... Handsome boys on the reception desk with silly haircuts........... Breakfast not included...........Tiny rooms...........Silly flashy hotel for rich tourists only.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank TrippoDicko
ArnauddeSaintExupery, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback here following your recent stay with us. I was sorry to read that the service and facilities provided did not meet with your expectations. Your comments will be reviewed internally and I trust you will contact the hotel directly should you wish to discuss your stay further. With kind regards, Arnaud

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here for our two year anniversary, the room was lovely on the 6th floor with a beautiful round window. Only complaint was I had to ask house keeping to come and clean the toilet as it had not been cleaned from the guests before us.

The hotel is in a great position to visit the shard, about 5 minutes in a taxi, which was a real bonus. The breakfast which was included was absolutely fantastic and in an extremely impressive dining room. I especially liked the hotel check in, it was not a traditional desk instead a big table full of iPad's and you stood along side the staff and signed on the screen to save paper. Lastly all soft drinks in the mini bar are free of charge - bonus!

All in all I would recommend this hotel to others :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your second Anniversary celebrations. I was delighted that despite an oversight in the cleaning of your bathroom you were happy enough to give such positive feedback here. On behalf of the whole team, we very much look forward to welcoming you back again for your next visit. With warm regards, Arnaud