Andaz Liverpool Street may not be in the center of touristy London like the other Hyatt property across town, but that's what makes it great. This hotel is just a short walk from the Thames walk, London Bridge to Southwark and Borough market, Brick Lane, Spitalfields market, and so many of the more fascinating bits of the old City of London. When you need to get to the West End or elsewhere, it sits right atop a tube stop with numerous easy connection options to anywhere in the city.
It's also a great hotel in a beautiful old building. Wonderfully appointed in a modern style, my lofted king room was larger than I expected for a London hotel. Service was prompt and efficient, and not too doting as it can be at other 5 star properties. Food was on the normal side, pricey as usual in London, but one great feature was the ability to order from the entire room service menu (except sushi, but including breakfast!) 24/7.
Also worth a special note: the gym is huge for a hotel, and decked out with better equipment than any other hotel gym I've been to, including foam rollers and medicine balls.
The next time I'm in London, I'll be back for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uncover the first of Hyatt's Andaz brand, and redefine your personal style at Andaz Liverpool Street. Located in the heart of the city, this London 5-star luxury hotel provides the perfect location for both business and leisure. One of the original London railway hotels, formerly opened as the Great Eastern, the Andaz is housed in a beautiful redbrick Victorian building dating back to 1884. Once inside, it transforms into a 21st century masterpiece, with 267 beautifully appointed modern guest rooms. Walking through the doors of the only Liverpool Street hotel, you are immediately greeted by an Andaz Host and invited to relax in the Andaz Lounge. Sip a complimentary beverage while the check-in comes to you via handheld iPads. Internet access, local landline phone calls and non-alcoholic mini-bar are provided complimentary for all our guests throughout their stay. Andaz Liverpool Street is included in 2013's Conde Nast Traveller Gold List. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Andaz London Liverpool Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andaz Liverpool Street Hotel London
- Hyatt London
- Andaz London Liverpool Street England