WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Andaz London Liverpool Street

Andaz London Liverpool Street
Ranked #114 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Superb all the way through”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Grand hotel offering a superlative service from check-in to check-out, spacious rooms, hi-tech facilities, fab restaurants (try 'Catch' fish restaurant), '1901' for fine dining, 'Eastway' and Miyako for delicate Japanese cuisine (in fact try all of them!), impressive gym facilities, tranquil secluded inner courtyard with soothing music and invigorating scent. Personalised service from Paco whilst checking-in who pointed out all the products and services available within the hotel, lovely staff caring and attentive without being obtrusive, loved the room service and of course the complimentary minibar selection and wi-fi (speedy and robust). City location ideal for the Shoreditch fashionistas and business travellers alike, thumbs up all round. Well done to the Andaz crew and Hyatt Hotels for this spectacular gem of a hotel.

1 Thank Lionel B
ArnauddeSaintExupery, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and you may rest assured that your kind comments will be shared with the whole team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon. With my best wishes, Arnaud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

great big rooms, minimalist but tasteful decoration, great restaurants and bars, trendy place to get an afterwor drink. Great check in procedure, and personalized attention. Located in Liverpool Street, great for business in The City

• 5 of 5 bubbles
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your review and for the great comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read you enjoyed the concept which is unique to Andaz and most importantly the attentive level of service provided by our team. On behalf on the whole Andaz Team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz Liverpool Street in the near future. Best wishes, Arnaud
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from this hotel today with my boyfriend and I would definitely visit again!
I booked this hotel for one night for me and my boyfriend as I had booked a meal in London for my boyfriends birthday and thought it would be a nice mini break. We were greeted by a member of staff at the door who kindly asked us to have a seat while we waited to be seen, which didn't take long at all. To check in I just had to enter a couple of details onto an iPad which I was quite impressed by and think more hotels should consider checking guests in that way too as it was simple and easy. We was offered complimentary drinks whilst checking in which included; water, tea/coffee and wine - nice touch. The member of staff also told us that there is complementary sushi too. We had already booked our meal out so unfortunatley didn't get to have any... If I visit again I will definitely be there! We were then given our room keys and shown to the lift (room 434 level 4). When we got to our room I was pleasantly surprised as I had already messaged the hotel in advance telling them it would be my boyfriend's birthday and they had left a little cupcake with a message saying 'Happy Birthday' next to it with a letter for him. I am very thankful for who ever left this for him as this just made our experience special and feel welcomed.
Our room was very spacious with a very big bed, flat screen tv, decent hairdryer, desk with an iPod docking station, wardrobe with lots of hangers, two sets of dressing gowns, two sets of slippers and a mini bar. This included complimentary drinks and snacks. The drinks that were included complimentary were two bottles of still water, two bottles of sparkling water, two fruit drinks, coca cola and a orange juice. The snacks were biscuits and a bag of nuts & pretzels. You can obviously have the alcoholic drinks too but that isn't included in the complimentary section.
The bathroom was also spacious with a bath/shower (very powerful too) unlike some hotels that hardly spray any water. Also included toilet, sink and some cabinets which two mirrors :). The tv has a wide selection of channels that you can watch which is good and a guide for you to look at too.
This hotel is in a good location and easy to get to from Liverpool street station. Our check out was very easy just like our check in. We were given a form form to fill in and then to drop into the express check out box on the way out... The card settlement is already sorted as you give your card details when you check in. You are also sent your invoice in an email.
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would come back as the staff couldn't be more helpful and the room had everything we needed.

Thank you for making our experience special :)

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street for a very special occasion that is your boyfriend’s birthday. I am so pleased to read all of your comments and in particular the one about the level of service provided by our great team. I will make sure to share your lovely comments with our whole team. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Best wishes, Arnaud
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the London Andaz in early January and as in the past the staff and hotel continues to impress. The staff was attentive and the room comfortable. We used in room dinning for dinner one night and they exceeded our expectations.
Made for a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
Important. We like the Andaz concept which is not your usual hotel experience. Their is no "check in desk" and no concierge. the managers fulfill that and more. Definitely works for us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the wonderful review following your most recent stay with us. I am so pleased to read you continue to enjoy your time every time you stay with us. Most importantly, thank you for the great comments on our fantastic team, I will make sure to share your review with everyone. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz Liverpool Street very soon. Best wishes, Arnaud
Folkestone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Booked myself this as a Birthday night out in London and it really hit the spot. Yes I have had bigger hotel rooms, but it was hardly small either. Lots of nice freebies in the fridge (non alcoholic) and there is a help yourself area in the foyer but I never got to use it as we hit the cocktail bar and town. Check in is charming - no desk, just ipads and you are offered a seat and a drink - it may get chaotic when it is busy though!
Had cocktails in the stunning bar - there are a number of different eating and drinking spaces, all with different characters, much unspoilt Victoriana among the modern refit. None of it is cheap but if the cocktails are anything to go by the quality is high. Anyway this is not a hotel for scrimping even though I got an amazing price via a certain website. Views across the station roof to me were extraordinary and it is so close to all your transport needs and all that is cool in the Spitalfields area. I have said very good value based on the price I got - it would be average otherwise but there is always a deal if you are canny!

Room Tip: I loved the view across the station roof tops but you may prefer a side street . I think I had a sli...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ArnauddeSaintExupery, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Andaz for your Birthday treat last month. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed the Andaz experience and that you were able to appreciate historical parts of our beautiful building. We look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz again soon. With my best wishes, Arnaud
Tacarigua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

A great hotel, located in The City of London next to a major subway hub so excellent location, impeccable service, had an issue with my credit card when I arrived for check in but was still allowed to while the matter was resolved so I didn't have to sit in the lobby like a beggar lol, suite was modern and funky but understandably small as it is a very old building, so the bathroom was particularly tight, but extremely well appointed nonetheless. Last but not least, reasonable price for a London hotel of this quality.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review and lovely comments following your recent stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street. I’ll make sure to share your review with the rest of the team. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best wishes, Arnaud
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've hesitated a few seconds between giving this hotel 4 or 5 stars. Despite racking my brain I can't find anything to bicker about. Welcome on the lobby was friendly, coffee was offered and the staff told me I would have to wait a few minutes as they had other guests checking in. Simple but efficient as there's nothing worse than being ignored and feeling invisible.

My room was big compared to similar hotels in the category and the place is rather quiet. The hotel is modern and well designed but it has still generates good vibes and it is not "cold design". Service from the staff was really great and I'll gladly come back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street and for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that overall you had a pleasant stay with us and that you were also impressed by the level of service provided by our great team. Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Best wishes, Arnaud