It is a lovely venue, with a great lobby and super bedrooms, BUT both my experiences at this flagship venue have been flawed. Taking nothing away from the venue, this is about a service experience which isn't quite as cohesive as it could be, although they appear to be trying hard.
Their General Manager, however, takes issues seriously and is clearly keen to address anything not up to his expectations, which can only be positive. However, my check-in experience on both occasions has been slow and fragmented and rooms have not been readt on time (I arrived after check-in time on both occasions). Like any other hotel (after making the reservation) the check-in is the point at which the first service experience occurs and that sets the scene for me.
If check-in is 3pm, rooms should be ready at 3pm - especially for guests who have stated their arrival time. Moreover, when the hotel emails you in advance to confirm that your room is ready and you turn up to find it is not ready (having spent £30 unnecessarily in a taxi to divert to the hotel) that becomes very irritating and, no, I don't want a drink while I'm waiting, I want to drop my bags in my room and go.
These check-in/housekeeping flaws aside, it is a truly nice place and I do recommend it providing your expectation of check-in is not to sit around for a few minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uncover the first of Hyatt's Andaz brand, and redefine your personal style at Andaz Liverpool Street. Located in the heart of the city, this London 5-star luxury hotel provides the perfect location for both business and leisure. One of the original London railway hotels, formerly opened as the Great Eastern, the Andaz is housed in a beautiful redbrick Victorian building dating back to 1884. Once inside, it transforms into a 21st century masterpiece, with 267 beautifully appointed modern guest rooms. Walking through the doors of the only Liverpool Street hotel, you are immediately greeted by an Andaz Host and invited to relax in the Andaz Lounge. Sip a complimentary beverage while the check-in comes to you via handheld iPads. Internet access, local landline phone calls and non-alcoholic mini-bar are provided complimentary for all our guests throughout their stay. Andaz Liverpool Street is included in 2013's Conde Nast Traveller Gold List. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cancelon, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Andaz London Liverpool Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andaz Liverpool Street Hotel London
- Hyatt London
- Andaz London Liverpool Street England