“Very cool”

Andaz London Liverpool Street
Ranked #124 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Excellent location, great style and design, and the service you may expect from the best Hyatt places: you cannot find a better mix! Rooms are spacious and excellent beds, furniture are designer's and everything is smooth and pleasant. Very recommended

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mau-travel
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for the great feedback following your December stay with us. It was great to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay so thank you for sharing and for the recommendation, it is very much appreciated. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to Andaz again on your next London visit. Best wishes, Arnaud.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,470)

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Location: Not exactly central, but literally only a 10 - 15 minute tube stop from everywhere you need to be in London.

Property: WOW! this place is super cool and nice. I've stayed at a lot of the park, grand, and higher-end waldorf brands and I have to admit. This location is really unique and chic. My wife and I spent so much time wandering and taking photos of the place.

Service: This is the most important party. The hotel goes way out of their way to help you with all of your needs. Everyday they sat with us to help us personally plan out our days. They sent us great cookies and snack and always anticipated our needs. Kudos to the team! because of their service, we recommended this place to three friends already. That's a great example of good service that brings more business in! I've only seen this kind of personal and welcoming service at a few other locations in Asia. The reason I bring this up, is sometimes with the fancy chic places you get a little bit of a distant feeling from the staff. Like when you go to those hip-trendy restaurant but the service is terrible. We'lll that's not the case here. You will be always greeted by name whenever you are near by most of the staff and they will often ask how to help make your trip even better!

Also - the croissants are great at 1901. Freshly baked and super yummy!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smashadmns

Thank you so much for sharing such a fantastic review of your recent stay with us at Andaz Liverpool Street. I am so pleased that you really enjoyed the location, there are certainly a lot of hidden gems to be found in East London. Most importantly though, I was really thrilled to read the amazing feedback you had from your interactions with our team. They do such a great job for us and I will certainly share your comments with them. We hope to welcome you back to Andaz again soon and best wishes for the new year! Arnaud.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Andaz is one of my favourite hotel chains. I benchmark my stay here to the Andaz in New York, which is an amazing hotel, so the expectations were very high. Overall, a good hotel, handy location for some purposes, decent staff and service but overall felt a bit below my very high expectations.

What I liked:
- stylish, modern hotel and comfortable rooms
- very convenient for London City purposes, and close to Liverpool St station
- free non-alcoholic mini bar plus snacks and coffee in the lobby, as is typical of Andaz hotels
- nice checkin - quick, efficient and nice to get a welcome drinks
- decent rate for London

What I didn't like:
- noisy bathrooms (you can also hear clearly the plumbing from other rooms)
- my view was very average but I don't think you would stay here for the view anyway
- probably because I compare to the US manner in New York's Andaz, I did find the staff here a little bit indifferent, though not necessarily unhelpful
- felt a bit detached to the rest of the restaurants in the building
- I really liked the free wine in the lobby in other Andaz I have stayed at, but didn't seem to be available here. Staff only mentioned free coffee and waters/juices when asked.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for the feedback following your stay with us last month. Whilst I am very pleased that overall you enjoyed the location and the hotel itself, I am sorry that your time with us did not quite meet your expectations based on previous Andaz stays. I apologise for any disturbance caused by the flush system, it is eco-friendly using 80% less water than a regular system but is slightly louder. With reference to the restaurants, whilst all very much part of the hotel, they do have their own individual identities to provide varied experiences for both in-house and external guests. I have of course forwarded your comments through to the relevant teams for their follow-up and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again to show you the high level of service our guests have come to expect when staying with us in London. Best wishes, Arnaud.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I,ve just came back from London ,the hotel was perfect.the location excellent ,the staff was more than helpfull,and the room nice and comfortable.the only think to say as a complain is that breakfast is very expensive and I never try it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for the great comments following your recent stay at Andaz Liverpool Street. We really appreciate receiving such positive feedback on both the location and the hotel itself, but most importantly the helpfulness you experienced from our team. In relation to breakfast I am sorry you did not have a chance to try it. In terms of pricing the buffet breakfast in 1901 is very similar to that of other 5 star London hotels, however, as an alternative we do also offer an al a carte breakfast menu in Eastway. We hope to welcome you and your family again soon. Best wishes, Arnaud.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Really welcome ambience as you enter the hotel and very friendly way of checking in, as you have a sit and a welcome drink! Everyone is extremelly helpful and the comp drinks and snacks at the Lobby really appreciated! The rooms are very modern and there is complimentary wi fi, local phonecalls and non alcoholic beverages from the mini bar!!!!
The location is also very convenient as the hotel is adjacent to Liverpool st station which means easy transportation to almost everywhere and direct service to Stansted airport. If you want to avoid the tube to central London, there is always bus 23, that passes by every important place and runs 24/7!!!! It's also within walking distance to Spitafield market for unique shopping! I would recommend this hotel for travelers either for business or pleasure!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 13_Eleni

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such great comments from your recent stay with us at Andaz Liverpool Street. I was so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your time with us and in particular the great feedback on the team and service they provide. I will be sure to share this review with them. We hope to welcome you again soon. Best wishes for the new year, Arnaud.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Nice looking hotels with comfortable beds, but somehow not used to pulling back your curtains and looking at a bar guest's laptop, close enough to read what he was working on.
Noisy vacuum pump noise every time you turn on the taps, or flush and can also hear your neighbors doing the same.
I did not find the front desks staff friendly or helpful at all, in fact on checking in, I felt the staff to be very indifferent and do not want to hear requests and brushes you off.
This was the 3rd hotel we stayed on our family trip in London and Edinburgh and the most expensive and by far the one our family all felt was the least favorite.
All hotels we stayed also offered free minibars not only Andaz.
Definitely would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay on 2nd floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback from your December stay with us, although I am very disappointed to read of the issues you experienced. We do have a number of rooms facing into the hotel, however, external view rooms can also be requested. I am so sorry that during your interactions with our team you were not greeted with a helpful and friendly manner, this certainly is not indicative of the usual level of service our guests have come to expect at the hotel. I have forwarded your feedback onto the relevant teams and I can only apologise again. If there is any opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel please do let us know as it would be great to show you what the team and hotel are really made of. Best wishes, Arnaud.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Andaz is a modern luxury hotel in a historic building, conveniently located right next to a central, major tube station (Liverpool St. Station), and next to a taxi stand, which makes travelling to any London attraction quick and straightforward. The hotel standard is very good, the atmosphere being both stylish and relaxing. Staff is really nice, professional and very helpful. There are several good restaurants (japanese, british, bistro) as well as a pub and a bar. Rooms have heigh ceilings and are modern and well appointed. Non alcoholic drinks in the minibar are included. I've stayed at the Andaz for the second time now and it will be my London City hotel in the future as well.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for such a great review following your recent second stay with us. It was great to read how much you enjoy the location and hotel itself, but most importantly thank you for the positive feedback on our team. We wish you a very happy 2013 and look forward to welcoming you back soon on your next London trip. Best wishes, Arnaud.