A fabulous historic hotel that has captured all of the magic of its majestic origins as the Great Eastern Railway Hotel. Was variously celebrated in the past as 'the only hotel to stay in The City'. Becase, simply, it was the only one! But it has not rested on its laurels. There are many other contributions that testify to its excellence, and I see no need to add to them. They are all true.
The management and staff here REALLY CARE. We were greeted by the porter at the door by our real names (how did they know that?). The check in lounge area was so cool - being offered complimentary refreshments while we waited to be checked in. Being introduced to our personal member of staff by name who would take every responsibility for ensuring we enjoyed our stay.
We ate at every one of their various restaurants. They were incredible - breakfast in that great dining room made us feel like Royalty! We only had one problem on our first day with lunch in the Eastway restaurant on Saturday lunchtime. The service was slow and the food not quite up to expectations. Subsequently, after we got home, the manager, Arnaud de Saint-Exupery, sent me a personal email apologising and offered us complimentary cocktails and tapas in their 1901 Wine Bar next time we were in London. God, it was no big deal for us, given the sheer excellence of everything else. But what a gesture - from the top man.
One night for two at £115 in the City at a weekend. Incredible value for money. My advise - don't stay in a hotel in the City of London in the week - do it at the weekend. The prices go through the floor.
This place is so good I can't rate it highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uncover the first of Hyatt's Andaz brand, and redefine your personal style at Andaz Liverpool Street. Located in the heart of the city, this London 5-star luxury hotel provides the perfect location for both business and leisure. One of the original London railway hotels, formerly opened as the Great Eastern, the Andaz is housed in a beautiful redbrick Victorian building dating back to 1884. Once inside, it transforms into a 21st century masterpiece, with 267 beautifully appointed modern guest rooms. Walking through the doors of the only Liverpool Street hotel, you are immediately greeted by an Andaz Host and invited to relax in the Andaz Lounge. Sip a complimentary beverage while the check-in comes to you via handheld iPads. Internet access, local landline phone calls and non-alcoholic mini-bar are provided complimentary for all our guests throughout their stay. Andaz Liverpool Street is included in 2013's Conde Nast Traveller Gold List. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Splitty, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Andaz London Liverpool Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andaz Liverpool Street Hotel London
- Hyatt London
- Andaz London Liverpool Street England