“Wonderful Hotel, great service, modern, perfect for business in the City.”

Andaz London Liverpool Street
Ranked #122 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful Hotel, great service, modern, perfect for business in the City.”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed at the Andaz Liverpool for the first time in June, 2012. Great location for business in the City. Very modern rooms are comfortable. Great breakfast. The staff is very attentive and most pleasant. They are very helpful. One of the best hotels in London. Plan to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments following your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to read you had a pleasant stay while staying here at Andaz Liverpool Street and on behalf of the whole Andaz Team, I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best, Arnaud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2012

placed in central London, it is very suitable for business travelers to be closer to the office if located in the city. Taxi's always available outside. staff is very professional and service is good compared to the london standard. Room size is not big but well equipped. Would not recommend for personal travel as very expensive compared to the value it offers. But one of the most convenient for a business trip.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for the comments following your recent stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street and I am pleased you were impressed with the level of service provided by our fantastic Andaz Team. Thanks again and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Andaz in the near future. Best wishes, Arnaud
Hong Kong
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I have stayed at the Andaz Liverpool Street a number of times already and I will seek to summarise all my experience in this report.

My London office is nearby so this is the preferred hotel whenever I travel to London on business. The hotel is conveniently located next to the Liverpool Street tube / railway station. The reception area is small and tends to get very crowded during checkout peak hours (ie. around 11am to 12pm) but generally the staff there provides excellent checkin service. There is no need to stand by the checkin counter for checkin as you would need to in most other hotels. The staff can check you in whilst you are comfortably seated in a sofa (or standing if all seats are taken) with their iPads. They can also swipe your credit card with the iPad connected swiper as well. A drink is also typically served during checkin.

The hotel and their rooms are nicely furnised. Their rooms are generally quite spacious and nicely decorated with a contempory feel. What I also quite like about this hotel is that all non-alcoholic drinks in the fridge are also free and it comes with a fairly good variety of choices from joices to sparkling water.

One negative about the rooms is that some of the rooms are "interior" rooms so there is no exterior looking window. It didnt bother me too much as I hardly look outside anyway on business trips.

During my stay about a year ago there was an incident where housekeeping knocked on my door before 9am one morning three times (I did not have my Do not Disturb sign out). It was really annoying because it woke me up too early when I was suffering from jetlag! I made a complaint and the hotel dealt with my complaint very promptly and satisfactorily. What I also like about Andaz is that, on my recent stay, they left me a card in my room to appologise once again about the incident (they definitely have kept a record!) and this is wonderful.

To avoid the long checkout queues I chose to express checkout. They would leave your bill underneath your door overnight so you can check it before checking out. Not too longer after dropping my key-card and checkout envelope at the drop-in box I got a proper VAT invoice on my email inbox - very efficient!

So although my stays at Andaz was not without incident but they really dealt with it promptly and satisfactorily and full marks from me!

Room Tip: Ask for an exterior facing room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review and the wonderful comments following your most recent stay with us. I am really pleased that above all you enjoyed the level of service provided by our great team here and on behalf of everyone at Andaz I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best, Arnaud
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I just completed my stay at Andaz hotel in London, a Hyatt property. There is a very odd method of checking in that, surprisingly worked extremely well and efficient. The lobby is an open space with only one fixed computer for check-in, but there are a number of clerks that roam the space with electronic tablets checking in guests. They also seem to act as the bellhops on occasion. The whole experience is very personal and really seems to work quite well. The customer service is also incredibly efficient. As I waited for the porters to hail cabs for my group of 6, I became very upset that they could not make it happen and went inside to find a manager. Typically hotel employees try to obstruct this process by refusing to comply or make you wait forever, but in this case a manager stepped out within a few minutes and took charge of the situation. I later got a phone call from the guest services manager apologizing and thanking me for bringing the problem to her attention - very professional.

OK, now on to more important items. The in-room refrigerator is stocked with a bunch of goodies that are completely free and restocked each day. The only charge was for alcoholic beverages. The bathroom has a heated towel rack. Beds are solid, firm and comfortable. I try to reserve my 5-star ratings for really spectacular places that spoil me silly, this is the only reason for my 4-star rating - I have no problem with others rating this as a 5-star hotel. I would definitely come and stay here again when staying in London. Hyatt NEVER disappoints.

I am a Starwood SPG Platinum member, but chose to stay here over a Starwood property because the reviews for Starwood properties in London were not good. Because I had acquired a Hyatt credit card that came with 2 free nights that I needed to use before August, it became a no-brainer to stay here. I would probably stay at Hyatt hotels a lot more often if only they had as many special deals for their frequent users as SPG does. Hyatt does not do free upgrades for platinum members or 5th night free for using points like Starwood does. It might be nice if Hyatt were to get around to maybe offering a free hotel night for every $50k-$100k charged on their credit card, but with the exceptional quality of their product and services, I guess that they don’t really need to.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review and I am delighted to read you had a very nice stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street. Thanks also for the great comments on the team and I will make sure to pass those on to everyone here. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz very soon. Best, Arnaud
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed June 30, 2012

...and all of us ( the kids and wife) loved it ... It's a lovely hotel ... But the difference was the service. The staff were just superb .. They made every effort to make us feel special without being intrusive ... For instance they spent so much time in ensuring we had the right directions for where we were headed ... In another case they were on the road trying to get us a cab big enough to fit all our bags ... Terrific stuff

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Piyush621
, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments following your recent stay with your family here at Andaz Liverpool Street. I am thrilled to read you had such a nice stay and I will pass on you fantastic comments to whole team here. In the meantime I very much look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best, Arnaud
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

The Andaz is a very nice hotel. It is modern and hip and the rooms are very nice and roomy. The staff is great and well-trained. This hotel is very convenient to my office, as well, just around the corner from Liverpool Station. I have stayed here three times now and find it to be a lovely experience. It also has lively bars and restaurants for late night crowds. One note of warning-- my colleague got an interior room with NO WINDOWS. Be sure to insist on a window. After the first night he was moved at his request. Overall, this is a great hotel for business as well as pleasure. I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your great review and I am really pleased to read you have stayed with us on many occasions while travelling on business. All our bedrooms have windows, only some of them are are indoor facing which some of our guests actually prefer. I look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz on your next trip to London. Best, Arnaud
New York, NY
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I've stayed in a number of different London hotels and I usually select them based on proximity to whatever meetings I'm attending, but this is a hotel I'd go back to regardless of location logistics. It has one of the best hotel health clubs I've ever seen. The staff are extraordinarily helpful and friendly. The soft drinks and minibar snacks are complimentary, as is the internet service which is usually high-priced in London hotels. It is close to Liverpool station for the Tube. I slept very well here. Overall great for a business traveler.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing to stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us so much and very much look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz soon. Best, Arnaud