I stayed at Hotel Andaz for one night with my sister. I live on the outskirts of London so we wanted to stay close to the centre as a treat, so we could have a night out and not have to worry about getting the train back home.
Andaz has a perfect location right next to liverpool street station so it is a two minute walk from the tube and overland. We could easily navigate our way to Kensington Palace from the hotel and back from the theatre near Oxford Street station. We were also within a 5 minute walk from Spitalfields market so we took full advantage of this too spending time looking at the shops and restuarants.
Andaz as a hotel is very grand , the reception area is swish, stylish and smells beautiful !
We were offered complimentary drinks and nibbles whilst we waited which was a nice touch.
We had booked a double room as this was online cheaper than two single beds, when we checked in at 6pm we were offered a twin room which we said we would like to have assuming that as it was so late in the day it would be a complimentary upgrade , but we were told it would be an extra £30 so we declined (although I am sure the twin room sat empty all night ! ) .
The room was spotless, nothing was out of place , it was one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in .
The mini bar was free ( excluding the alcohol ) so it was stocked with soft drinks and nibbles.
The furnishing of the room didn't quite match the plush environment of the reception but felt more business like. My only main gripe was that the window faced out to another wall of the hotel, so I couldn't see what the sky or outdoors. It didn't matter so much as we were only there for a night but as it was a really hot weekend it would have been nice to wake up in the morning to see the sunshine. If I was to book the hotel again I would definitely ask for a room at the front of the hotel that faced into the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uncover the first of Hyatt's Andaz brand, and redefine your personal style at Andaz Liverpool Street. Located in the heart of the city, this London 5-star luxury hotel provides the perfect location for both business and leisure. One of the original London railway hotels, formerly opened as the Great Eastern, the Andaz is housed in a beautiful redbrick Victorian building dating back to 1884. Once inside, it transforms into a 21st century masterpiece, with 267 beautifully appointed modern guest rooms. Walking through the doors of the only Liverpool Street hotel, you are immediately greeted by an Andaz Host and invited to relax in the Andaz Lounge. Sip a complimentary beverage while the check-in comes to you via handheld iPads. Internet access, local landline phone calls and non-alcoholic mini-bar are provided complimentary for all our guests throughout their stay. Andaz Liverpool Street is included in 2013's Conde Nast Traveller Gold List. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Andaz London Liverpool Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andaz Liverpool Street Hotel London
- Hyatt London
- Andaz London Liverpool Street England