“Fantastic Stay !”

Ranked #125 of 1,063 Hotels in London
London
“Fantastic Stay !”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Andaz for one night with my sister. I live on the outskirts of London so we wanted to stay close to the centre as a treat, so we could have a night out and not have to worry about getting the train back home.
Andaz has a perfect location right next to liverpool street station so it is a two minute walk from the tube and overland. We could easily navigate our way to Kensington Palace from the hotel and back from the theatre near Oxford Street station. We were also within a 5 minute walk from Spitalfields market so we took full advantage of this too spending time looking at the shops and restuarants.
Andaz as a hotel is very grand , the reception area is swish, stylish and smells beautiful !
We were offered complimentary drinks and nibbles whilst we waited which was a nice touch.
We had booked a double room as this was online cheaper than two single beds, when we checked in at 6pm we were offered a twin room which we said we would like to have assuming that as it was so late in the day it would be a complimentary upgrade , but we were told it would be an extra £30 so we declined (although I am sure the twin room sat empty all night ! ) .
The room was spotless, nothing was out of place , it was one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in .
The mini bar was free ( excluding the alcohol ) so it was stocked with soft drinks and nibbles.
The furnishing of the room didn't quite match the plush environment of the reception but felt more business like. My only main gripe was that the window faced out to another wall of the hotel, so I couldn't see what the sky or outdoors. It didn't matter so much as we were only there for a night but as it was a really hot weekend it would have been nice to wake up in the morning to see the sunshine. If I was to book the hotel again I would definitely ask for a room at the front of the hotel that faced into the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel if you want to see the sky in the morning otherwise you hav...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Travellergirl75

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
yorkshire
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have just been taken to London for my birthday to see a show, and spend the night in a boutique hotel, we arrived at the Andaz, and I was impressed with the i pad reception, very relaxed, beautiful building, very nicely decorated and very clean, yes the plumbing is different (quirky ) the Tapas in the bar at lunchtime was superb,an excellent choice of dishes in good quantities, cooked perfectly. The breakfast experience was very disappointing, good fruit etc, but the cooked items were in heated turins with the lift up lids, none of which were hot,and all of the product had been there to long, it was dry and luke warm,I did order a fried egg which took nearly 20 mins to arrive, it had obviously been sat under heat lamps for enough time to render it inedible, (no toast offered either.). At this level (5star) I am amazed breakfasts are not cooked to order, all I had was a motorway breakfast,and not a good one.

Room Tip: Do not have room 254, only if you like to hear the announcements from the tannoy on the underground...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share the comments following your recent stay with us. Whilst I am pleased to read you enjoyed the check-in and atmosphere of the hotel, I am sorry to read you weren't entirely happy with your breakfast and I have already sent your comments to the team for review. Please rest assured that this is not reflective of the level of quality that we usually offer and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back so you can have the authentic experience we provide our guests with. Thank you also for the comment on the noise level from the station, we will investigate this too. Thanks again and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Andaz soon. Best, Arnaud
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed at the Andaz last week and really enjoyed my stay. You might have read about the unique check-in in which receptionists use iPads without a traditional desk. This process was better than waiting in line because the hotel provides drinks and snacks while you wait. Likewise, drinks and snacks are available throughout the day including water, soda, tea and a really easy to use espresso/capaccino machine. From 6-8pm they include wine in their offerings. And the lobby attendants were such a pleasure. Our room was very comfortable including a soft matress and plush pillows. The hotel even offered a better channel selection than another "fancy" hotel which we stayed at later in the week. The bathroom had the only setback. The tub/shower was elevated from the floor which gave my wife some trouble getting out. And I applaude the hi-tech pressure flush system, but it makes a rather loud sound, and I could here the flush sound from a few other rooms in the morning. Finally, for sight seeing and activities, the hotel located very close to Liverpool street station with easy access to London underground. The hotel is also within walking distance to Old Spitalfields Market: http://www.oldspitalfieldsmarket.com/ which was a great stop for shopping and food, Tower bridge and the Tower of London. If I have the chance to return to London, this is where I would want to stay!

2 Thank Joshua Z
Thank you so much for the review following you recent stay with us. I am so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and most importantly the level of service provided by our team. I was sorry to read about the issues you wife had with the shower and we will review your comments internally.The location is certainly great and has a lot to offer and hopefully there are still some hidden gems that we can tell you all about on your next visit. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Best, Arnaud
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is one of the best hotels I've stayed in in London. The staff were very attentive and friendly and the room was very comfortable. The complimentary drinks and snacks were very appreciative.The staff at breakfast were wonderful ensuring all our requests were met. The hotel is beautifully decorated marrying the Victorian and ultra modern decor very well. Great location for seeing the city being next to a main line station, tube and bus service. It made our stay for the Jubilee weekend very enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank chris503775
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing to stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street over the Jubilee bank holiday weekend. I am thrilled that we are one of the best hotels you've stayed at and that you were impressed by the level of service provided by our staff. Thank you for the wonderful review and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Best, Arnaud
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2012

WOW! This was our 2nd stay at Andaz and got upgraded to a large suite. It was fantastic, a huge room, very lush, we felt really special! We were exceptionally well looked after, the staff are all so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Got plenty of complimentary goodies plus a complimentary breakfast which was just lovely, everything you could think of for breakfast was on offer. The hotel is literally 2mins walk to Tube station.
We would recommend Andaz to anyone and will definately stay there again.

Many thanks to all at the Andaz Hotel.

Jenny & Steve Williams - Derbyshire.

1 Thank jenny w
Thank you so much for the fantastic review following your stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street. I am so pleased you chose to stay with us for your birthday celebrations. Thank you also for the lovely comments on our wonderful staff, I will pass them on to the rest of the team. In the meantime, we all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best, Arnaud
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Staff was very nice and helpful and the location was fine.

What could have been better would have been the bathrooms: the water was just trickling out of the shower, the water-saving airplane-grade toilet made such a noise at night to guarantee waking up your partner. In addition, there was not much space to put down your personal belongings around the washbasin.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you for the comments following your recent stay with us. Whilst I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the level of service provided by our team, I am sorry for the issues experienced with the shower. We do appreciate the feedback and I have forwarded the comments onto our engineering team for their follow-up. This issue is certainly not indicative of what our guests have come to expect from us so I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Andaz on your future travels to London to show you all that we are truly made of. Best wishes, Arnaud.
waterford, va
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Dad was a big hero for selecting this wonderful hotel! The service was excellent and all of the ammenities were spot-on. All the "little" things they did for us made this stay one of the most enjoyable stays of my entire travelling career. The location was great as we went from one Jubilee venue to the next via Metro with ease. The breakfast buffet was "to die for" along with having "high tea" on Sunday afternoon. I have stayed at the Lanesborough several times before this and now will make the Andaz my London hotel of choice from now on. Do yourself a favor, don't think and just make a reservation at the Andaz for your next stay in London.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your review and I am thrilled to read that Andaz Liverpool Street is now your hotel of choice in London. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff which I have already shared with them. I hope you also enjoyed the Jubilee celebration and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best, Arnaud