“Fantastic”
Review of Scott's

Scott's
Reserve with OpenTable
Scott's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #193 of 22,827 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Originally an oyster warehouse, Scott's has been serving up its legendary seafood since 1851. A conveniently short walk from Green Park and Bond Street tube stations, this Mayfair mainstay uses burgundy leather banquettes and subdued lighting to create an air of old-school elegance which reflects the restaurant's chic clientele. Designed by Martin Brudnizki and highlighted by the exquisite bar topped with onyx and finished in stingray skin, the revamped interior of Scott's still carries the 1960's glamour of yesteryear. Traditional fish and seafood dishes dominate the menu, although seasonal meat and game make an appearance. Atlantic Halibut, Dover Sole and Lobster have proven to be popular choices, and there is also a Roasted Shellfish platter for two to share. The famous oyster bar with its three-metre crustacean display offers a more relaxed dining area and there is also an art deco-style private dining room, ideal for canapé receptions, press launches and private celebrations.
Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is why you go to a Michelin star restaurant in Mayfair! I have been really disappointed with a number of others. We were welcomed out of the cab and politely shown to the stunning classic interior- which is a leather, wooden, library style oasis. Most of the guests (this was a Monday night) were smartly dressed in suits etc We were dressed similarly apart from my one dear friend who prefers to look as if he is about to play rugby- he reports he felt very at home.
We all eat fish for both courses which was superb. The ceviche of Bass was truly stunning. There was a lovely atmosphere, the waiters were unobtrusive and very attentive. There was a couple of major celebs eating also and every body left them alone which was great. I would go back tomorrow!

• Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
“Expected more”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Have wanted to eat here for ages and was pleased when I managed to book a table. However if you want to go to a restaurant where they make a fuss of you, whoever you are, I recommend La Pont de la Tour. When we arrived, there was no one on the door, no one took our coats or asked if we wanted an aperitif. There didn't seem much atmosphere, despite being full, and as we were sitting in the curved seats situated to the right (as you go in) all we could see were the backs of people sat at the bar and the table next to us was so close that I was nearer to the loud man who talked about his Rolex watch all night than to my husband. My husband enjoyed his food, particularly the monkfish, but all three courses of my meal were served at the same temperature - lukewarm - even the ice cream! The squid was also very chewy. I also hate not having a side plate and knife for my bread, and it was so dark we had a problem reading the menu. As my husband enjoyed it, we will probably give it another go when we are next in London, but there are better places and I can't understand why it is said to be so popular with celebrities (although if there were any there I didn't recognise any of them!)

London, England, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere and fabulous seafood”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was taken to Scott's for my birthday having wanted to try it ever since attending a private dining event there earlier in the year.

We booked late so ate at the bar, which I personally like as you get a bit of a buzz around you when seated with a mix of customers drinking and a few eating. However, on this occasion most of the patrons were eating.

We were greeted well and once seated our waiter/barman was very attentive, recommending drinks and discussing the food options. I found the atmosphere to be really nice, a good level of noise without being too loud.

Having taken our time over drinks I opted for the sautéed razor clams with wild boar sausage as a starter and John Dory accompanied by globe artichokes, anchovies and capers for my main. The razor clams were recommended to me by a frequent diner and he was spot on - they were perfection; tender, flavoursome and worked perfectly with the slight mix of wild boar, just enough not to overpower the clams. I would go back and eat 2 courses of these and that would be fine done. However, as a fan of John Dory from back in my days of growing up in New Zealand I can honestly say that the fish was also perfectly cooked and very fresh so I would also happily go back for that as well, it was delicious. We finished off with desert wine and desserts that satisfied us both.

I would happily go back to Scott's for both the food and the atmosphere. Unlike a lot of very good restaurants at this level it isn't deathly quiet, overly formal with pretentous food. The food won't disappoint.

It is worth noting that Scott's is a tad expensive but worth it, you will have a good time and eat very well.

• Visited October 2013
Ascot, United Kingdom
“Scott's - excellent food and a great buzz”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Scott's remains an excellent fish restaurant and stands the test of time. Had lunch for 2 at the bar, the welcome, food and service could not be faulted. The place was buzzing yet we were not rushed. Scott's is a must go if you want to eat Fish in Mayfair and great value for the quality it serves.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Almost good but not quite”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Arrived, average welcome, sat at the bar, Okay, ordered Champagne, sip first Glass, ushered to the table, (we were early so no need to rush). Food, scallops burnt, sent them back, second ones okay, mains Steak average and burnt and my wife lamb was poor value for money.

The bill £240 and all over in 40 minutes, not made to feel welcome in any way. this is not my first visit but will be my last, you can't fault the decor and the food and wine should be excellent, service is key, as a customer i want to feel like a customer and not a slot on a table.