“Nothing not to LOVE”
Review of Scott's

Scott's
Reserve with OpenTable
Scott's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #171 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Originally an oyster warehouse, Scott's has been serving up its legendary seafood since 1851. A conveniently short walk from Green Park and Bond Street tube stations, this Mayfair mainstay uses burgundy leather banquettes and subdued lighting to create an air of old-school elegance which reflects the restaurant's chic clientele. Designed by Martin Brudnizki and highlighted by the exquisite bar topped with onyx and finished in stingray skin, the revamped interior of Scott's still carries the 1960's glamour of yesteryear. Traditional fish and seafood dishes dominate the menu, although seasonal meat and game make an appearance. Atlantic Halibut, Dover Sole and Lobster have proven to be popular choices, and there is also a Roasted Shellfish platter for two to share. The famous oyster bar with its three-metre crustacean display offers a more relaxed dining area and there is also an art deco-style private dining room, ideal for canapé receptions, press launches and private celebrations.
Alvechurch, United Kingdom
“Nothing not to LOVE”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

There is nothing that is not to love - food and service are out of this world.

Ignore the constant trash media talk about Nigella and Saatchi - it is nothing to do with the magic that is Scott's.

We will continue to go back time and again!

• Visited May 2013

• Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“A restaurant in a class of it's own”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Scott's is located in a lovely area in London and it definitely lived up to it's reputation. We found the staff friendly and the food was delicious. We ordered a seafood dish and a non-seafood dish and both were excellent. The service was good and the atmosphere was buzzing. A classic restaurant that is in a class of it's own.

• Visited November 2013
“Sensational”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was taken earlier this week by my husband as a surprise to celebrate my birthday - I have been before a few times - and my husband knows that I absolutely always enjoy going to this 'buzzy' restaurant.

As you enter the atmosphere hits you and you already know you are going to have a wonderful evening.

The staff are all very attentive and professional in their manner as well as helpful and friendly.

The food - well that is the sensational bit - everything is so very tasty. I started with the fish soup with brandy and cream mmmmm...delicious, and my husband ordered for me a whole lobster for my main course, which I could not finish so my husband helped me out. My husband had ray wing which he loved as well. As my husband was ordering his vegetables the waiter was kind enough to point out to my husband that my lobster dish included chips, that was very helpful of him so meant that he could order one less dish. Incidentally I also had champagne to drink as well.

We had a lovely evening and look forward to our next visit.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Classic food at its best”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband and I ate here one Wednesday evening. Being huge seafood fans, we,be wanted to try Scott's for a while and it didn't disappoint. Wonderful decor, relaxed atmosphere with attentive service. We had oysters which were beautiful, starters and mains with a great bottle of wine and it was only £170, very good in comparison to other high end restaurants.

We had in complaints at all. Scott's is classic and has been around so long for a good reason.
It's definitely worth a visit at least once!

• Visited October 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Good but not great”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Expected more from the place. Starters were fine. Seafood platter was well cooked and tasty, but again not WoW! Very smart place, busy and feels like a real treat. Service good and wine list strong. However, the food doesn't quite match up to it. Most impressive course was dessert. Enjoyed it, but at the price, not sure I would rush back.

• Visited August 2013