“Another Lads Lunch”

Ranked #652 of 24,439 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Santa Maria del Sur, a cosy neighbourhood restaurant in Battersea, specialises in Argentinian steaks and wines. Enjoy a dinner in the rustic dining room, surrounded by earthy exposed bricks, polished floorboards and traditional paintings. Every Monday live music shows contribute to enhancing the South American atmosphere which is already strongly present within the ambience. A lovely place to enjoy with friends and family.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I picked this place as I remembered it from the Gordon Ramsey best local restaurant . The steaks were all ok. I had some sardines which at £5.50 were a rip off. Overpriced.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We had dinner here midweek and didnt book but we were given a nice table. After ordering some wine (which came quickly) we ordered our food. I had the carpaccio of beef to start and my partner had the chorizo. He loved it, however my stater came out frozen to the plate? I sent it back and by the time it had reappeared, my partner had finished so I didn't want it. After a lengthy wait for the steak, it arrived. Both were perfectly cooked and really tasty, although we ordered some sides of roasted red pepper which arrived stone cold. We did not send it back due to our previous wait as we would have finished by the time it arrived again. THey did offer to take the cost of our sauce £2.50 off the bill......I wouldnt visit again, but they did cook a mean steak!

1  Thank SWL0nd0nGirl
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We ate here before and have stayed in London many times but have always been to far out to visit the restaurant. This time I planned our stay around visiting this restaurant for my fiancée 40th birthday. I booked a table in advance and we where we'll treated as usual. The food was amazing, we had the grilled cheese and our waiter recommend that one portion would be enough between two and it was. We both had fillet steak and had it cooked medium which was perfect. The steak is amazing, always top quality and cooked to perfection. I had the cheesecake for dessert which was truly amazing, Julie had the bread and butter pudding which was great but she got food envy with my cheesecake. Thanks to you and your team!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We had always wanted to visit this restaurant after seeing it on Gordon Ramsay's F Word a few years ago. We were not disappointed. Two of our party had the platter to share which was a real meat feast with black pudding to die for. My rib eye steak was cooked to perfection. The ambience in the restaurant was great, the staff were good and the choice of wines was excellent. We would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Went for dinner two weekends ago... and I really don’t know why people rate this place so highly.
There were only two of us and we had booked about 3 months ago as we had heard how hard it is to get a table. Well first impressions were not good...
They sat us down at a table for two and gave us menus, we ordered a bottle of wine... And just as they were bringing it to us said we had to move... so they moved us to a table for four.. Not very cosy or romantic. Not much of an apology either.
Apart from the first time they poured our wine, they never came round to top us up. We ordered some water which we finished half way through the meal and they never asked if we would like a refill or just refilled it, was only tap water.
The meat... Which is obviously the main reason for the visit was very mediocre. I had asked my steak to be cooked well done and got medium rare… I had put some fries on my plate before sending it back… to which when it was returned the fries were gone and no offer of replacing them. They had put the steak back on the same plate barring the fries… in a good restaurant you would expect a fresh plate and new fries…

All in all… I wouldn’t go back or recommend it. I would much rather spend my money and eat my steak in a Gaucho or Hawksmoor restaurant.