“Baffling eggs benedict”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Whilst Nineteen is actually quite a nice venue, the food there isn't the best. We had breakfast there on Sunday (which wasn't our first visit): my boyfriend had French toast; I had eggs benedict. My partner said that the French toast was a little soggy, and not as good as can be found at Purple (next door) or down the road at Perfect Blend. What confused me, though, was that my eggs benedict comprised not eggs and bacon, as is normal, or even eggs and ham, as I have also seen, but eggs on thick chunks of cold, pre-cooked pork (the type one would have for Sunday lunch). Also the eggs were really watery and the hollandaise sauce not great. Given that we had waited 20 minutes for our food to even arrive, I was pretty disappointed. I don't remember the food being this bad the first time we went, so maybe it was a blip, but I don't think I'd chance it again.

4  Thank CLHScott
There are newer reviews for 19 Streatham

Reviewed March 6, 2012

We went there because of the Jamie Oliver and were very disappointed. The food was so-so, atmosphere bad, we were seated in the small room seeing the kitchen. I don't see any passion in the staff.

1  Thank Jucheung
Reviewed September 22, 2011

The food is very good and the service very good too :-)))))

Reviewed July 28, 2010

I went to Nineteen with my children to have lunch. I was very disappointed with the quality of service. My son who is 7 years old ordered a main meal and dessert from the kids menu. We were told that they haven't got time to make the dessert. As a paying customer I found this unacceptable as this was midday and nowhere near closing time. Therfore, we decided to go elsewhere for our meal.
Nineteen has the look and a comfortable atmosphere but poor service.

1  Thank LJG_10
Reviewed December 13, 2009

Don't know why this bar isn't busier - it's less pretentious than perfect blend with friendlier staff, cosy booths and a great menu. Just needs more buzz, so come and try it- streatham hill is more than just pb!