“Seated us on a busy friday night with no reservation. Great food”

Buenos Aires Cafe Blackheath
Reserve with OpenTable
Buenos Aires Cafe Blackheath is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,443 of 23,023 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Seated us on a busy friday night with no reservation. Great food”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Both me and my partner work in the City and often eat out due to our hours being fairly sporadic. We headed over to Cafe Buenos Aires on a Friday night with no reservation after leaving the office late. We were seated promptly in what was an atmospheric, informal cafe. The service was prompt and although there was no sommelier, the wine recommendation was fantastic.

We decided to skip the starters and head for the main meal which consisted of 2 fillet steaks medium rare, humita, spinach and chips. The steak was around two inches thick which for some patrons may be a bit too much. It was cooked well and was complimented by the wine.

We were both very impressed and booked for a birthday party next month. Definitely a place to try.

• Visited May 2013

“Gone downhill”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Sad to say the meat is no longer the great Argentinian beef experience I praised in my previous review. I suspect the steaks we had last week came from the co op.
The staff still have the same take it or leave it attitude which I can tolerate when the food is excellent but now the quality has declined I will not be visiting again

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank John G
London, United Kingdom
“What a restaurant, a must do in Blackheath”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

You only need a few words to describe this place, wonderful food, great wine, lovely service. But make sure you book before turning up. I visit this place every time my brother and father visit me, they just can't get enough of the steak and eggs.

It's great for evening meals, but if you simply just fancy something for lunch, the pizza is equally satisfying.

I really can't say anymore about this place, if you are planning to visit the area you must book a table here or else you have missed out.

• Visited November 2012
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Best steak ever”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We visited Buenos Aires at Blackheath for a family birthday meal and were totally impressed with the quality of the food. I had heard that Argentinian steak was the best and now I am in a position to totally agree.

The service was good, the range of starters, mains and desserts on the menu was more than adequate, but, the steak left me amazed. I don't think you could equal this anywhere.

OK, so it was expensive but you get what you pay for in life.

I would definitely go again.

• Visited January 2013
“SE London's best steaks”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Solid Argentinian steak restaurant that never disappoints. Cosy atmosphere with good service and a nice view over Blackheath. If you book, make sure you get a table upstairs as downstairs is just a basement that could be anywhere. In the summer if you can get a table outside it's a wonderful place to spend an afternoon.

Visited January 2013