“Best steak ever”

Buenos Aires Cafe Blackheath
Reserve with OpenTable
Buenos Aires Cafe Blackheath is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,181 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Argentinean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Best steak ever”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We visited Buenos Aires at Blackheath for a family birthday meal and were totally impressed with the quality of the food. I had heard that Argentinian steak was the best and now I am in a position to totally agree.

The service was good, the range of starters, mains and desserts on the menu was more than adequate, but, the steak left me amazed. I don't think you could equal this anywhere.

OK, so it was expensive but you get what you pay for in life.

I would definitely go again.

• Visited January 2013

“SE London's best steaks”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Solid Argentinian steak restaurant that never disappoints. Cosy atmosphere with good service and a nice view over Blackheath. If you book, make sure you get a table upstairs as downstairs is just a basement that could be anywhere. In the summer if you can get a table outside it's a wonderful place to spend an afternoon.

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“More than just a steak place”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This place is nestled round the back of Blackheath over looking the heath itself. I have eaten here on several occasions and have never been disappointed.

The decor is simple, loads of random pictures of celebrities and Argentina adorn the walls. The floor is exposed floor boards and the tables are also exposed wood. It is a small place with only a few tables upstairs and a couple of tables downstairs. But it doesn't feel crammed or overly busy.

The waiting staff have always been very friendly and enthusiastic. Although I do believe a smile and a friendly hello never goes a miss.

Now for the menu - yes it is meat centric, but this restaurant prides itself on it's Italian roots and that is evident. There is enough choice for vegies with pasta and pizzas, but it is primarily a steak house. But this is more than you average Goucho's so much more. Everything from starters to dessert was fabulous.

I had baked jalapenos (which were more like romano peppers than the green things you find on tacos). Followed by 200g ribeye rare green beens and chips to share (they are big enough to share anyway) with a fudge cake and ice cream to finish. I did once do a meat starter and a 400g steak after but that was a mistake - meat sweats are not fun!

A lot of people seem to eat here as they would any other restaurant, but I prefer to eat here as a treat.

Now down to the money - three courses, sides, a bottle of wine, a latte and an espresso for two = less than £100. Pick this place up and plonk it in Chelsea or the likes and it would be so much more expensive. This place is a tucked away gem. It's not hard to get to, 15 mins out of London Bridge.

I can't recommend this place enough.

• Visited March 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Real Steaks Cooked properly”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

The best steaks I have had so far and service to go with it
Don't eat at Maze or other Steak establishments, head for Blackheath Village but book because they are popular

Great

London
“When you go to a restaurant called 'Buenos Aires' you expect a good steak”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I live in Blackheath and have been to this restaurant on two occasions - one being my birthday. It is a lovely restaurant with a really lovely seating area outside which overlooks the heath and is great to sit out there drinking a glass of wine from their extensive wine menu. All sides were delicious including wilted spinach and yummy fries but unfortunately the steak just wasn't up to scratch on both occasions. The first time we went we sent one of our steaks back because it wasn't cooked correctly and the second time we just didn't both because we had unfortunately resigned ourselves to the fact that we wouldn't be coming back which is a real shame.

The service is really good and we were really impressed when we called on a whim and ask if they would keep a table free for us - we'd be along in 20 minutes or so. Sure enough they had a table waiting during the busiest time on a Saturday afternoon (with scorching heat and a packed heath).

I just feel that if you're going to run a steak restaurant, the steak needs to be cooked perfectly and to fail twice in a row was not acceptable. I always order my steak rare and both times the steak was medium. As the service is so good I am positive that if I had complained the second time, they would have changed it immediately for me but with it being the second time, I had already made my mind up that I wouldn't be going back. It would be fine if it was a cheap restaurant but when you go out for steak, it's not cheap! At leats £30 for the fillet I think which is what I always have.

I don't want to be too negative because there is so much right with this restaurant - it is just the steak that disappointed. But, if this was to be corrected to ensure steaks were cooked as requested, I would be going back whenever I could.

• Visited July 2012