“it is what it is”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Nothing really special, but we go because the kids like it, so we're happy enough. The food is over priced in my honest opinion.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Loved it. Great atmosphere and the kids loved the life size iron man at the front we just popped in no reservation and we were welcomed in.

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I promised myself I would never go to another Tgi again, 2 bad experiences in the Basildon branch, (hour wait for a booked table and over an hour 1/2 wait for food, which was in edible, another story!), we found ourselves looking for somewhere to eat. It was early evening and hubby said give it one more try, it's another location, and a few years later, So I did and have to say I'm glad. We waited around half hour for a table, it was getting really busy but the bar tenders were great. Made a great cosmo. And could handle serving more than one order at a time, when we were seated our waitress (Sarah I believe her name was) was attentive, cheerful, and calm under the pressure of a busy restaurant,and even bought over refills of coke without being asked. Food was lovely, only one thing is the chips portion could have been bigger. All in all a good experience for us this time, but reading the bad reports I can totally sympathise, as have had both ends of the spectrum with this chain.

1  Thank Melirich
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visited TGI in Westfield Stratford on a midweek night there was six in our party we were seated straight away at a table in the centre of the restaurant so clearly visible, we were given our menus and left to have a look. We chatted happily for a while until we realised we had been waiting 20 mins and no one had even come to take our drinks order, when a waiter past our table I politely asked if someone could take our order to which he replied "someone will be straight over" another 10 mins went by still no one I asked again and after asking a third time someone eventually took our order by this time we had been in the restaurant 35 mins and still didn't even have a drink!!!

Our drinks arrived and we waited on our food....a further 25 mins went by and guess what no food, so having had enough I went to the bar and asked the gentleman behind the bar if I could speak to the manager at which point (and I am not joking) he shouted across the restaurant for Alan several times, eventually Alan appeared asked what he wanted his reply and I quote "she wants to talk to you" I explained our situation he didn't seem overly concerned but assured me that he would hurry our food up, 7 minutes later our food was served and was warm rather than hot which would suggest it had been cooked some time ago. We ate and when the bill arrived they said they had taken the drinks off...we all had 1 coke each!!!! We didn't want a discount or free drinks just an acceptable level of service which this restaurant fell well below!!!

I have written two emails now to TGI customer service dept and guess what no reply!!!!

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT TO ANYONE!!!!!

2  Thank Jackie M
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I visited your restaurant on the 19th of november. I wasnt very Impressed with the service that I got from the staff here at TGI friday's. We were waiting 20 minutes at our table to get amnu, at thte time of getting menus i asked could we place and order for drinks and our waitress and the waitress serving the table beside us were laughing amoung themselves. We placed our drinks order, as soon as she came back with our drinks we placed our food order. We knew she was not paying attention to our order and after we placed the order she then said theres a 50 minute wait for food. After getting our food the chips were cold and my friend did not get her salad when we called her over and said it t her she said it would be with us in 5 minres and it never turned up. The restaurant was busy I do understand that. I then went up to the counter to order drinks for my table and the bar woman behind the counter was standing there on her phone and i said excuse me at least 3 times and she looked up and said I will be with you in a second let me finish off sending this message. At the end when we went to pay our bill the food we ordered was still on our bill we refused to pay for it. Our waitress came over and was convinced we had gotten food that never arrived at our table and she argued her case to the ground as well as the rest of the staff there also. All your staff where very rude towards myself and my friends and I will not be coming here again.

Been to TGI Fridays? Share your experiences!