“Second visit and will be back again”
Review of Pierre Victoire

Pierre Victoire
Reserve with OpenTable
Pierre Victoire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #264 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Pierre Victoire Bistro has been established as one of Soho's most charming French restaurants since opening its doors to London in 1998. The classic French Bistro style décor complete with an eclectic collection of art pieces and chalkboards detailing the daily specials sets an inviting scene in which to enjoy a fabulous and very affordable French meal. Set menus are a prominent feature of this great little restaurant where a two course set lunch will set you back just £9.90 and the two course evening meal is a steal at just £12.90, both with plenty to choose from. Enjoy the restaurant's famous Steak & Frites as well as a wide range of fresh fish and seafood. The menus are changed regularly so there is always a delightful surprise waiting. Lunch times are ideal for an informal business lunch or just a long lazy afternoon with friends. In the evenings the restaurant is transformed into to a romantic restaurant where customers dine over candle light to music from one of the rather eccentric and charming pianists when it takes their fancy! The intimate basement lounge is available for exclusive hire at no further cost and can be styled to comfortably accommodate groups of up to 25.
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We booked here as a post theatre meal arriving around 22.30 the restaurant was busy with a live pianist and a great atmosphere. Friendly staff, great food and wine (all very reasonable priced). Although it was late no one rushed you and will no doubt eat here again when around soho.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I first reviewed this restaurant back in January 2014 and am pleased to report that I still think you would be hard pushed to find a better value meal of this standard and quality here in the heart of London.

My report this time is only about the food as I gave my views about this establishment in great detail in my previous review.

I had lunch here on the 10th July with two friends and we all opted for the 3 course set menu that is served from 12.00 noon until 16.30pm priced at £9.90 and served with a generously-filled complimentary basket of French baguette and butter. (2 course is £7.90, i.e. starter and main. Dessert course is separate and additional).

STARTERS
Homemade Beetroot Marinated Salmon Gravadlax with Russian Salad and Shaved Fennel: A generous slice of fish strongly coloured with the beetroot but delicately flavoured and not at all salty. The Russian salad was freshly made, mixed with some chopped beetroot and formed into a neat tian with the shaved fennel sprinkled over the top. A very refreshing summer starter.

Devilled Fried Lamb's Livers on Potato Rosti with Spiced Tomato and Onion Salsa: Perfectly cooked slivers of liver, still soft and tender, piled on top of the potato rosti with a fresh tasting salsa to off-set the rich offal. Quite a filling starter.

French Onion Soup: Homemade with plenty of onions lurking in the rich broth.

MAINS
Creamy Beef Stroganoff with French Fries & Pickles: A generous helping of beef strips cooked in plenty of creamy sauce and served with crisp french fries. This dish would certainly benefit from an extra side dish of greens (Sauteed French Beans, Wilted Fresh Garlic Spinach or a side salad all @ £2.95). The only criticism was that the beef was slightly chewy so it was either a little overcooked and/or the cut of meat was unlikely to be the sirloin that is traditionally used.

Individual Roast Stuffed Turkey Parcel Wrapped in Panchetta with Parmentier Potatoes and French Beans: A tennis ball size parcel of turkey meat stuffed with flavoursome forcemeat which included chestnuts, served with a rich sweet sticky gravy (the sweetness was probably cranberry sauce) and the vegetables were scattered around the dish (parmentier potatoes are traditionally cubed, sauteed and finished off in the oven). I would have liked a few more vegetables but what was presented was sufficient for the average appetite! This was one of the nicest dishes I have eaten here.

DESSERTS
Seasonal Fruit Crumble with Vanilla Ice Cream: An individual shallow dish with fresh baked apple and apricots topped with very roughly crumbled shortbread-type biscuit and served warm with a scoop of ice cream.

Apple Tarte Tatin with Vanilla ice Cream: A large slice of this traditional French dessert served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

House Wines are £14.95 and most expensive white is a French Chablis 1er Cru 2009/10 at £32.50 and the most expensive red is a Chilean Don Amado at £39.95.

During our visit we received very good service, efficient and helpful but not intrusive. The prices are unbeatable and the standard of food excellent for the price.

On the down-side I still find that the acoustics are bad once the restaurant fills but that problem is evident in many restaurants regardless of status. The only other note is that visitors who may be wobbly on their feet may find the stairs downstairs to the toilets a little bit of an ordeal.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I am a regular at Pierre Victoire and I’m very pleased to review this restaurant again.
Located close to Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Circus underground stations, you get a great choice of great French cuisine good value with friendly service.
The only downside is it does get busy so for most evenings its worth booking a table to avoid disappointment.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Sadly, I do have to give this an excellent rating. Unfortunately i may encourage more people to go and then where would we sit?

My Daughter tookus here on an early Sunday evening for a belated Father's Day. She saw an offer on Group On.

We have been here before.

As ever, the staff were warm and welcoming and he feel was of a really friendly French Bistro.

Food was excellent, wine was excellent, cheese board was great, and at the proper temperature.

This is my favourite bistro, there must be others, please go elsewhere so you don't crowd me out!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I stumbled across this little restaurant this afternoon. I have never written a review before but I feel compelled to let others know how atrocious this place is. Yes, it may be cheap but there's a reason why. Upon entering we didn't receive a smile or a welcome. It was a cold and uncomfortable atmosphere. The waiter came over to get our drinks orders and we asked for two Bloody Mary's. He gave us a confused almost shocked look and scuttled away. They kept coming over and I had a feeling they were talking about us. It was very awkward and the waiters were clearly new or unprofessional. Nobody engaged in conversation with us - it is a hospitality industry and so I expect some form of hospitable behavior but alas there was none to be seen. We ordered the set lunch of mussels and lamb. The mussels had not been cleaned properly and so there was sand and grit while eating them. The sauce was too salty and had no flavor. The mussels themselves were overcooked and chewy - quite disgusting. The lamb was average - again quite salty and not evenly cooked with no flavor. The manager or head waiter (the guy with the beard) was so incredibly rude to us. There was no form of service so we asked for the service charge to be taken off. This caused him to give us a filthy look. They were so unfriendly that it really ruined my time as well as the dreadful food. I'm shocked that they call themselves a FRENCH restaurant!!! I am half-French and that was not authentic french cuisine. FAKE FRENCH BEWARE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the guy with the beard is A DISGUSTING HUMAN BEING WHO NEEDS TO GET SOME MANNERS. please do not go here!