“Superb all round experience”
Review of Coq d'Argent

Coq d'Argent
Ranked #594 of 23,677 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: Coq d'Argent serves classic French food in its spectacular rooftop setting at No.1 Poultry in the City of London. In addition to the main restaurant, the brasserie offers a less formal menu at lunchtime, while the outdoor terraces and gardens provide a verdant oasis in the heart of the Square Mile.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Eight of us dined for a 30th birthday celebration, using a Top Table set menu ( "3 courses for under £30). Being a Monday evening not unexpectedly the clientele was predominantly business people. This was not obvious to us, as the whole evening exuded class; waiter attention, serving protocols, selection choices and quality of food.
Well done Coq d'Argent.

SGavin, General Manager at Coq d'Argent, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for your very kind feedback.

I have passed your comments on to the team and they were very pleased.

We do hope to see you again soon.

With kind regards

Sean

Write a ReviewReviews (1,231)

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Having watched No.1 Poultry being built years ago, this was the first time I had actually been inside, on this occasion for a business lunch. After finding the lift to the restaurant (tricky as the sign is not easy to see) I was whisked up to a very pleasant open area at roof level. We decided to eat inside but failed to notice that the next table was set for around 20 people. After we had been there for around 20 minutes, the girls started to arrive and the associated noise grew steadily to a cacophony preventing any normal conversation. After a few minutes more we gave up and without any fuss were shown to a table at the far end of the restaurant where conversation once again became possible (just). Full marks to the restaurant staff for re-seating us, but maybe they should have had a word with the group.

Oh - and the food was terrific!

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit.

I do apologise for the rather loud lunchtime, the group were in fact a 25 year reunion party and obviously had a lot to catch up with. I do hope they did not spoil your enjoyment too much.

We hope you will return to dine with us again soon.

With kind regards

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Having been here many times for dinner or just and evening drink Ijust love this venue venue. I just wanted to say on this review that recently I have been served by Carmen on my last few visits and she is so sweet and helpful and always cheerful and welcoming

Sometimes there is a sometimes to get a table outside but if you are patient and there is not a private party on you can normally get a seat at some point.

Would definitely recommend this place for a wonderful dinner or just a drink :)

1  Thank Sandra S

Thank you for your feedback.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit. Carmen is a real star and I have passed your comments on to her.

I hope we will see you back again very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have only been twice, the first time on a date, the second time to celebrate a friend's birthday. Both were in the evening. The food is excellent, beautifully presented, artistically delightful and tasty. Service is top notch, very attentive despite the place being very busy and although I was conscious that the staff were rushed off their feet, I never felt that either they were rushing or that they were rushing me. For example, my friend needed to leave the table for a short while, and I was given cloches to keep the food warm while I waited. The waiter even asked if I would like the plates of food kept warm while I waited. Calm, professional, efficient and charming. I did not have to ask for anything- it was all pre-empted Cocktails on the terrace is lovely and there is a selection of cigars to choose from too. It does work out expensive, even with one of the deals, once you add wine and cocktails in, and there are obviously a lot of city types doing business, but for a special occasion or even a romantic evening, I would highly recommend it. I will definitely visit again.

Thank you for your recent feedback.

I am so very pleased you had such a great time and you enjoyed your experience so much.

We do hope we will see you again very soon.

with kind regards

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Because of its very central location and great roof garden this restaurant is often very busy.
I have been here several times and this is the first time i have felt like giving a review.
Initial points-
Very fiew private diners-all business at lunch and mostly in the evening.
This can have a fairly negative effect of evening ambaince with loudish tables of City males.
The food-
first course-salmon and mackerel-good.
Pudding-excellent creme brulee.
Service-it was busy so the service was a mixture of perfunctory and over familiar.
Bread-you get one bit then your side plate is removed-all very odd.
Now the problem-
at 60 quid for rack of lamb for 2 I frankly expect it to be superb.
It isn't.
no sauce.
This is the nub of my issue.It isn't geared to deliver great food it is geared to charge you for everything-
the spuds
the veg.
And the problem is they arrive over buttered in pokey little bowls.
so you then have to assemble your own main course.
The ratatouille is really not very nice.
Then the wine-a great list and blisteringly expensive.
So I left irritated and having felt right royally overcharged.
The whole thing is designed cynically to meet expense account dining.

Thank you for your recent feedback.

I am very sorry you did not have a good experience, we do pride ourselves on our service and I am disappointed you felt we did not deliver.

With regards to the pricing, we source the very best ingredients for all of our dishes and are still very competively priced with the surrounding restaurants.

I do hope you will return to visit us, lf so please book directly with myself at seang@danddlondon.com and I will be happy to look after you.

with kind regards