“Not as good as I expected”
Review of Coq d'Argent

Coq d'Argent
Ranked #631 of 22,509 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: Coq d'Argent serves classic French food in its spectacular rooftop setting at No.1 Poultry in the City of London. In addition to the main restaurant, the brasserie offers a less formal menu at lunchtime, while the outdoor terraces and gardens provide a verdant oasis in the heart of the Square Mile.
Winchester, UK
“Not as good as I expected”
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Went for a dinner here as part of a workshop

Website looks great and so did the food.

However it was mediocre. Nothing to write home about. Food looks a little like it came from M&S i.e. mass produced with not much taste.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Not impressed”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The mackerel salad was good - really tasty. And the company. And the restaurant is pretty. The rest...
The service was completely average and the main courses (both the risotto and tagliatelle) were completely tasteless. We didn't bother to stay for dessert.
I (also) do not see what all the fuss is about and would never return.

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Birthday Meal”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was treated to a lovely Birthday meal here, and I very much enjoyed the food. The portion sizes were a bit small but it was all very tasty and the staff were very attentive, getting us our food pretty quickly.
My partner told them it was my Birthday so it was a really nice gesture to get a candle on my dessert, with a chocolate message scrolled on the side of my plate, and an extra mini dessert selection.
The only slight negatives were that it was a bit cold being sat next to the window on a cold night, and that I found it a bit pricey, but overall I had a fairly positive experience and I would return if there was a good offer on.

Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“The best for a last breakfast in London”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Before I left London I wanted to have a breakfast in one of the best place near Bank. As I choose the coq d'argent, I have not been disappointed. The service is of very good quality, the food too. There is nothing to say about this place. I would recommend it.

• Visited August 2012
United Kingdom
“Lunch in London.........”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was being treated to a meal and did not want to upset my friend- but the food was average. The Mackerel starter was not the best, too much spring onion which masked the flavour of the fish, perhaps this was deliberate! The Confit duck was overcooked the orange sauce was tasty.The dessert of poached pear was nice. I was told this was a city gaff so was expecting a plush restaurant but was very disappointed but it was almost canteen like and the loo's were tatty!!