“A little gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 222 Veggie Vegan

222 Veggie Vegan
Ranked #337 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
London, United Kingdom
“A little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I have visited Veggie Vegan several times, both for the lunch time buffet and evening meals and never been disappointed. It does get very busy on a Saturday evening so it is best to book. That said, on my last visit, every table had a reserved sign but when my wife and I arrived the waitress began to show us to a table before we even mentioned that we'd booked.

We had bean and tofu pancakes to start and for mains my wife had the Chef's Salad and I had the Oyster Mushroom & Spinach Raclette. For dessert my wife had the Chocolate Gateau, which she said was the best dessert she'd had since becoming a vegan 7 years ago. I had the 222 Pancake.

As always, we couldn't fault the food. My wife loved her ginger beer drink but the glass of white wine (house Bordeaux Blanc) I had was disappointing.

The restaurant is a few minutes walk from either West Kensington or West Brompton underground stations.

We recently ate at the Manna Restaurant in Primrose Hill, which also has an entirely vegan menu, and would say the food is equally good. The ambience at Manna, both in the restaurant and the surrounding area, beats 222 Veggie Vegan hands down and is a better choice for a romantic or special occasion meal. However, 222 Veggie Vegan is the better choice for value - our bill was £30 less than Manna's for a 3-course meal with drinks.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Greek first
San Antonio, Texas
“Outstaning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was not excited about the buffet since I had looked at the menu on line but the food and choices were so good. Loved every morsel. Then ordered dessert, wow, the 222 Pancake was amazing.

Visited June 2014
Epsom, England, United Kingdom
“Amazingly yummy and varied vegan food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Loved this restaurant! I found the menu really varied and would have tried every dish if I'd had the room. Great flavours and friendly staff. Definitely recommend.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“A must for vegetarians and vegans.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

After discovering their veggie and vegan lunch buffet, my friends and I went back three times in a week. The chef made a massive plateful of gorgeous food to accompany the buffet for my raw vegan friend without even being asked. Have some of the avocado salad from the buffet, the dressing is amazing. Super busy on Sundays so get there early!

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

I ate lunch here today with a couple of friends.
I've been here before and the food is great!
Lots of gluten free options.
Chickpea curry is yum!