“Tastiest vegan food I have ever had!”
Review of 222 Veggie Vegan

222 Veggie Vegan
Ranked #434 of 23,024 Restaurants in London
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
London
“Tastiest vegan food I have ever had!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I went there for the lunch. They had 6 selection of cold and 6 selections of warm food. It was great! Loved seitan strips in the cashew cream, roasted courgettes and aubergines, lentil salad with avocado. You can cheaply eat as much as you want. I am definitely coming try more of their dishes!

• Visited June 2013

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Friendly Staff and Relaxed Setting - It's a Win Win!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Ok, so randomly I was introduced to this restaurant by my former boyfriend (now fiancé) about 3 years ago. We were not vegan at the time, but we loved going to restaurants which had good food (taste and presentation). The restaurant is small and cosy almost a one up from cafe-like but the quality of the food is fantastic. The variety of taste and dishes is really good (favourites including the bean and tofu pancake, hearts desire, carrot tarte, ben's special and spiced island pie). Now since becoming vegan I have been to a few vegan restaurants around London and one in Canterbury, however they lack heavily in the quality of the food and adventure in experimenting with different flavours and vegetables (Not to be a snob but if I can buy wedges or falafels from the local supermarket or takeaway shop I don't wish to see these on a menu at a higher price at a vegan restaurant - This is just too common and not creative!). Over the past three years veggie vegan have changed their menu and introduced a few new ideas, which for me shows their progression in becoming a better restaurant tailoring their food to suit a variety of people (both vegan and raw) and introducing new courses for existing customers to share. Their prices are very reasonable and the all you can eat buffet is a real treat and I'm glad that they don't cook a lot of soya here, as they do have a wide variety of veg, salad, beans and legumes both for the buffet and a la carte menu. The staff are very friendly and work hard to ensure that customers are happy.
The chief is also friendly and comes out on a number of occasions to say hello and thank you for dining.
We've been so impressed that we've asked the restaurant to cater for our wedding which we are really excited about and having the food tailor made is great!

London, United Kingdom
“BEST PLACE FOR VEGANS AND VEGETARIANS”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very tasty food, fresh and clean . Service very slow maybe because everything is made fresh on the spot. Well most of it. . Portion sizes are generous. Two people can share easily. The restaurant is little small. Its very good for vegans as no need to worry about any dairy products. All the food used there are grown naturally. Staff are very friendly and and helpful. Its best for people who believe in natural organic food and no curelty to animals etc.

London, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good to excellent”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am not normally a vegetarian/vegan, in fact I am a confirmed carnivore but I am in the second week of a diet which suggests that by excluding animal fat and sugar from my diet I might be able to reverse my type 2 diabetes.
Fortunately 222 Veggie Vegan Restaurant is within easy walking distance from our home. It is about 1000m from West Kensington Tube Station and West Brompton Tube/Overground Station. It is well served by buses as well and in the evenings you can park outside.
To be honest I had no high hopes for a restaurant that is both Vegetarian and Vegan but I had promised to take my wife out so.......
Book a table because it always seems to be busy.
We booked and when we got there the place was humming. It is very small and cramped and the decor is getting a bit dated but the welcome was friendly and efficient.
From the extensive menu of cooked a raw foods my wife and I both had the Cream of Mushroom Soup (Daily Special) for starters. For mains I chose the 222 Burger with chips and salad, my wife chose the Carrot Tart with Chips and stir fried vegetables (Daily Special).
For desert I chose the Spice Island Pie and she chose the 222 Pancake with Vanilla Ice cream and Chocolate Sauce.
I ordered a Ginger and Ginseng drink and she had a glass of the house white wine.
Tap water was served without us asking.
The cheerful, polite and efficient waitress was happy to answer our questions about the food.
Our soup was awesome. We both agreed it was probably the best soup we had ever had in a restaurant. Lots of slices of mushroom in a creamy soup with thin slices of a green leafy vegetable, possibly spinach. Brown wholemeal bread on the side with olive oil. Really really great.
My 222 Burger was Okay, Just Okay. I am not sure what I expected but once i added Cayenne Pepper to it the whole thing livened up. The salad was fresh, crunchy and delicious as were the chips.
My wife's Carrot Tart was very tasty (I tried some) but her stir fried vegetables were only luke warm. Never mind because the staff fixed that in about two minutes.
What can I say about my Spice Island Pie desert except 'Orgasmic'. If I had given way to the glutton in me I would have had a second helping of this amazing creation. There was a multi-layer of flavours that is very hard to describe. I loved it.
My wife's 222 pancake looked great but she said it was too "Wheat'y for her". I tried it and liked it. The icecream, sadly, was not sugar free so I gave that a miss.
My Ginger and Ginseng fizzy drink was very nice and my wife enjoyed her white wine.
£45 very well spent i think.

1 Thank slueth50
London, United Kingdom
“Best veggie food in London!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

i have been going to 222 for 5 years now. it is the tastiest, freshest vegan food there is! the chef Ben works his magic with the dishes. it is very creative and inventive- no plain veggie here, everything has wonderful flavor. The soups are fabulous also. I take non-vegetarains here and they love it also. Get anything on the menu, or go for the lunch buffet. It is all wonderful.