“Better value than some restaurants on London”
Review of Asadal

Asadal
Ranked #6,402 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Korean
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Holborn
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Came here with a party of eight colleagues so had a wide variety of dishes. Some did taste rather similar, Lady taking the order did not seem keen on offering advice. "Up to you" was the frequent response. Service alternated from one who knew what he was doing to another who had no clue at all. We had to take over the cooking or risk burnt food.But all in all it was fine and of reasonable quality.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The man who answered the phone when I booked was quite snappy. Then part of our order was forgotten, when it did come after we pointed out it was missing it was cooked on a grill on our table. It got stuck to the grill and various staff spent 10-15 minutes trying to pry the food off the grill, by which time it was overcooked and burnt. They cooked some more chicken to make up for this, but this took a long time where the staff bent over our table in silence, leaving me and my friend sitting there in silence until they were done. The food was mediocre, the portions tiny and overpriced and we were left feeling very hungry, for about £20 each. The real pinnacle was being asked to leave 1 hour 20 minutes after arriving, for some other waiting customers who we never saw. As we had no warning this would happen we had to quickly gather our things and leave. I'd rather eat at Macdonalds

1  Thank Becky W
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Went here on a Saturday evening, booked in advanced so managed to get a table quite easily. Having never been to a Korean bbq before I was impressed by the set up and overall ambiance in the restaurant. We decided to go for the BBQ dishes which were average tasting at best - the highlight being that they are cooked in front of you. Having read a few reviews before going to this place I did notice that service wasn't their strong point but decided to take the risk. The staff were all pretty miserable and at times wondered off half way through cooking our meats only to return 5 mins later and serve us overcooked food!..this was a a real let down and i really expected better given that I was paying over the odds for what seemed to be portion sizes that were a third of the size of what was in the menu pictures. This was topped off by being asked to leave our table and pay for our food 3 times as our table had been reserved for another party. Like I said in the title I won't be going here again but to give some credit to the place I have had worse.

1  Thank webfoodexpert
Reviewed November 12, 2013

we arrived at 2.10pm and they close the kitchen at 2.30pm so we didn't have to queue but we had to order for the others who were looking for a parking space and so just ordered two beef 'Jap Che Bab' and 2 chicken dishes one spicey and one not! The service fast and efficient and the plate huge with rice salad garnish and a bowl of miso soup! The bill for 4 with drinks only £41 great value for money and good sign the restaurant was full of Korean nationals who all seemed to be enjoying the food as did we!

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Unfriendly and unhelpful staff, did not feel welcome at all, had to queue, and Korean food is very mediocre. Will not visit again and would not recommend

2  Thank Bonnie W