“Good Ramsay Quality Food”
Review of The Narrow

The Narrow
Ranked #3,378 of 22,692 Restaurants in London
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs
London, United Kingdom
“Good Ramsay Quality Food”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This Ramsay Pub has an amazing view. Location, Location Location.
We tried three different starterss including the duck and the shrimps. They were all delicious. For mains we ordered the fish and chips and burgers. Fish and chips was very good, i really liked the mashy peas.
Portions were good and very fullfilling. For dessert we had the crumble which was amazing.
Overall good food in a lovely pub. A bit pricy but i guess you pay for the Ramsay quality.

• Visited February 2014

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Narrow review”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Due to a serious ski accident to my wife we have just returned to London and used to frequent the narrow very regularly, like most views the food was just average and a bit pricey but had a lot of character so we returned regularly . Shock of all shocks last night ( 18/4/14) no atmosphere, no bar meals. Just as well we did not stay as the price of a Peroni is now sky high. We left and went to La Figa. Unlikely to be giving the narrow any more of my custom.
I fully agree with the current bad press the Narrow is getting, I only wish I could fully express my views without reverting to *************

2 Thank Linda T
“Another local riverside pub gone”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

What have they done?? The Narrow used to be a great pub and eating place full of locals and boaters, great for bar food, the burger, fish n chips were excellent, now it looks like a ponsy west end wine bar, the 'new' paint looks like undercoat! And no bar food anymore! You've gone from an 8 1/2 to a zero, sorry. We live on Narrow St. and now there's nowhere decent to go for tea. You can't get a seat in the Grapes and Booty's Bar has shut down. Thanks very much! 2/3 of a pint for the price of a pint???????? What's all that about?? We used to eat regularly at The Narrow and although it was a bit pricey and the service was a bit patchy it was a good atmosphere. From now on the money we used to spend there will be going in the till at the excellent La Figa just down Narrow St.

3 Thank Paul G
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Gordon Ramsay sort your own restaurant out first!!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I ordered the special, hanger steak with mash and cabbage. The steak slices were tasteless and tough, I found the slither (less than a level desert spoon) of cabbage hidden under the steak. The mash was ok but I was starving! My husband ordered lamb with lentils and the lamb slices were delicious and tender and served with a handful of lentils. Neither meal looked appetising with a lack of colour. I had a glass of house merlot and my husband a coca cola, and our bill was £54 incl service. I find it incredible that Gordon Ramsay has set himself up as a guru of dining giving advice to others yet allows this sort of meal to be presented in his own restaurant . We won't be dining there again!

2 Thank Sally J
Pool, United Kingdom
“Mr GR - how can you put your name to this..... Kitchen Nightmare?”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Having been a regular tv viewer of Gordon Ramsey(GR) my self and my business associate were surprised to be in walking distance to a restaurant associated with GR on a recent trip to London, let alone one with an available table. On arrival we were genuinely excited by the stunning riverside location and the buzz of a vibrant busy bar. The quaint casual seating areas , classy restaurant setting combined with a friendly welcome looked set to provide the backdrop for an evening of good food, a few drinks and a night to remember. Unfortunately for all of the wrong reasons.

As mentioned in a lot of the comments, we arrived and ordered two "pints" of Aspall cider a particular favourite of ours, to be informed that it was only served by the 2/3 of a pint with the price tag of the former. Although not a huge issue we were already feeling cheated. However i do have to say this was the saving grace - the perfect drink !

Looking at the menu we were struggling to pick a starter that we both would look forward to, so we resorted to the special of hand dived scallops, champ mash with a citrus relish. £12.50. the plate arrived with two huge shells - with one tiny scallop in each on a spoonful of plain mash and a squeeze of lemon. at £6.25 per mouthful we really were expecting something spectacular - however we received chewy, over seasoned rubbish that you would expect better from a cheep chain restaurant. We put this down to an unlucky selection and eagerly awaited our main course although now slightly less excited.

Pork Cutlet, crushed peas and red pepper relish £17, Lamb Chump with non standard mash and broccoli. £21 side of jersey royals £4. Where to start !!!! Pork - Dry, overcooked. Red pepper soggy and sweet which really didn't go with the crushed peas. generally quite poor, All of it pretty cold just to finish me off. The lamb although nice in taste was also quite cold, and an exceptionally small portion rather good mash but topped with raw broccoli !!!! the "jus" was a dried out smudge on the bottom of the plate. the Jersey royals looked great with a glisten of butter and to my horror were inedible based on the 1/2 kilo of salt cracked over the top. Now frustrated all our hopes lay in the dessert menu.

Cheesecake with poached rhubarb ! This was actually quite nice if you had purchased in the reduced isle of Lidl, and consumed with a severe hangover. i really can't bring myself to explain further. With the food failing on all fronts then we thought we would seek solace in an Irish Coffee to finish our meal !

We hit a new low, a wineglass arrived 1/3 full with a 3mm layer of cream on the top. One sip was what we both lasted as the coffee was disgustingly bitter, Whisky non existent and cream part stirred through the drink. completely undrinkable and £7.50 a glass.

Our total bill with excessive service charge(based on service received) was £164. For what i can only explain to be the worst meal i have ever eaten out.

My main complaint comes in the relentless slaughter that people have found themselves subject too from the great GR ! His fight for reasonable pricing, quality cooking and creating the perfect dining experience is exactly what i had bought into. My thoughts would be to concentrate on your own empire if this is the sort of drivel received in a restaurant of yours. Utterly disappointed not only in the experience, but most of all the hypocrisy.

The finishing comment was when the table next to us referred to the meal as below par and they preferred their local Nando's ! GR what a joke !

4 Thank chris3030303