“four seasons? more like one season - salt!”

Four Seasons Chinese Restaurant - Chinatown
Ranked #3,603 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Soho
London, United Kingdom
“four seasons? more like one season - salt!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Disappointing meal here. The food was very average, ingredients not particularly fresh, no complex flavours, just salty. The service was offhand, brusque and noisy. Certainly not a relaxing meal. Can't say much for the decor either! I had much better meals here several years ago before it became the Four Seasons. My advice: don't go here. There are better places in Chinatown where you can get tastier food, better service and better decor for the same price. These include Yang Cheng, Baozi Inn, C&R, Old Tree, and probably many more!

2 Thank 11Del24

• Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Font-Romeu, France
“Great food but not relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

People waiting outside suggested this place is popular. As a solo traveler I thought I would struggle to get a seat but was told I would be accommodated in about 20-30 minutes. After loitering outside with a small crowd for some 20 minutes I was asked by the waiter if I minded sharing a table. This was fine by me. He then asked an Asian couple the same thing but they were not keen at all. He moved on to another couple who turned out to be from Nepal (living in Kent) and I shared a table with them. They were charming and told me they like to dine here when in London. This was another good sign. I had crispy duck and a fried rice dish, both of which were really good, especially the duck. I chatted with the nice young couple I'd met who were equally pleased with their selection. As good as the food is, this place (and I suspect many others) is about the experience, so don't expect a relaxing meal and dawdling over your wine or beer whilst chatting. It's busy, people are waiting and they want you in, fed and out.

1 Thank David H
Reading, United Kingdom
“Four Seasons in Summer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Visited the Four Seasons for a Chinese meal. The restaurant is very basic and crowded, there were a significant number of oriental customers. To me this indicates the food is pretty good. The Roast Duck dish we had was very good, with a great hoisin sauce. The other dishes which included vegetables, seafood and bean curd were above average. The food was definitely the best thing about the restaurant, the service was pretty basic and the restaurant feels cramped. The last 2 factors diminish my marking to average as other Chinese restaurants in Gerrard Street have far better accomodation, service and ambience.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank rockyrob
Oslo, Norway
“China Town in London - lack of Chinese culture, but only commercial.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We went to Four Seasons for crispy duck and roasted pork. It was crowded. Despite very limited space squeezed with many tables for maximum optimization, the waitress were rude. Basically in term of service is unprofessional. They served European better and more friendlier. But we did pay the same price. Not a very joyful dinner and good atmosphere.

3 Thank Carrie C
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
“Asian Restaurant that don't treat Asian equally”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Has been a supporter for this restaurant for their pretty good roast duck. Visited at least 5 times with different friends and occasions.

Nothing much to complain all this while apart from the fact that always feeling the space is kind of cramped, a bit of harsh, which is pretty typical with Chinese Restaurant, which I am happy enough to accept it.

During this summer holiday, I brought my family from Aberdeen to visit London, so despite staying pretty far away at Jurrys Inn Hotel near Heathrow Airport, we took the Underground, spent almost closed to an hour of journey in order to try out this famous restaurant again. Sharing the joy with my family.

Upon arrival, we are 2nd in the queue, with 1 gentleman in front of us(we are family of 4), the waiter asked us to wait for a while, we are expecting to wait, so we are happily standing in the queue and waiting. Less than 5 minutes later, another group of 4 persons arrived, the same waiter ask them again for how many persons and straight away ask them to go into the restaurant. The later comer did politely asked the waiter why they can go 1st as we(us, 2 adult and 2 children) came earlier. The waiter don't say anything, but just let them thru. All four persons(white gentlemen and ladies) apologize to us while they cutting thru the queue.

Wife seems pretty annoyed by this scene, but this is her 1st visit, so I try to console her that "they probably pre-booked!".

After another 10 minutes of standing, finally we are allowed to get it.

Now come to think about my previous few visits, come to realize the waiter will mostly put Asian Chinese/Thai/Indonesian/etc at the lower ground floor. This is exactly the case as the table available and taken by 4 person before this were at the Ground Floor.

The space at underground is so much cramped( i can't even walk thru the 6-8 inches space between the tables to get to my seat.

I am a Malaysian Chinese living in Aberdeen for >4 years, after this incident, myself and wife had a feeling of being treated very differently in this Chinese Restaurant, despite our passion about their food, our effort of being there, has been jeopardized by this extremely racist treatment!!. Asian are not supposed to be treated like strayed dogs or rats and hide them into underground area even there are tables on the ground floor! After all, tips is pre-charged in the bill, so we are not paying any less than others.

Also noted the half roast duck that we ordered come in much smaller portion than before(we don't bother much as my wife and kids don't really like duck that much), but when the bill come to use, the roast duck is not in the list, instead it was "substituted" by different orders(which are not our orders) and make up the number. Pretty bizarre despite not affecting the total bill.

3 Thank FoodLover4Ever88