“Roasted Duck is still the best”

Four Seasons Chinese Restaurant - Chinatown
Ranked #4,388 of 23,214 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I visited Four Seasons at Bayswater many times. My wife and I had dinner at its chinatown restaurant during valentine's day. Queue is long as expected. Roasted duck is still the best I ever had in London's chinese restaurant. Had tried many other chinese restaurant and Four Seasons is still top of my personal list.

1  Thank Xingang W
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Chinese Restaurant - Chinatown

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

A group of 5 of us went to Four Seasons for a birthday meal after seeing good reviews online. We were seated after around ten minutes at a worn out looking table with chairs that had seen better days. After being given menus, the waiters/waitresses seemed to forget our existance for about twenty minutes. The waitress was rude many times, ignoring us on several occasions. When we did order our food, it came in dribs and drabs, rice first then a twenty minute wait for the chicken that accompanied it. Our meals also came out tepid, with two being stone cold. Overall it was a bad evening with extremely poor service and mediocre food. Will never visit again.

2  Thank shikila
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Had an excellent Chinese meal in this restaurant which is situated in the heart of London's Chinatown. Small old fashioned but authentic Chinese restaurant. The food was excellent and there is a wide ranging menu on offer. Open until late. Inside is fairly basic and a little dated but spotlessly clean! To me that is more important than some posh all dressed up restaurant with no real character. Bags of character to the restaurant. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Some delay between courses but that was actually really nice as we were not rushed and helped us to pace ourselves better! Sat next to some business types who were regulars who have been coming years so testament to the standards being consistent over a long period of time. Highly recommended. Will be back!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Visited the Four Seasons on Saturday 8th Feb for lunch having seen reviews on Trip Advisor. By 12.15 the place was nearly full but we got a table for 4 very quickly. Can't understand the comments about poor service as we were seated quickly, served without delay but were never hurried. It was my wife's birthday and we had a great time. Go for the mixed hors d'oeuvres as a starter, plenty there for hungry visitors to London! You MUST have the crispy duck with pancakes - really fresh and delicious, good helping too. For mains we had crispy beef, sweet & sour chicken and pork with cashews, we also shared special fried rice & vermicelli - all was yummy. Lovely touch to serve orange slices afterwards. Didn't have room for a pud. Wine was a fair price and the total bill for 4 came to just over £100, really reasonable for central London on a Saturday too. You're spoilt for choice for Chinese restaurants in Chinatown (!) but this was a real find. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The service is rushed and waiters pay very little attention to their guests.
My partner's dish got served first and we had to wait another 5 minutes for my order to arrive.
We didn't want to use chopsticks, so my partner asked for a fork and a knife. He got only one pair, so I had to ask for another pair myself.
The bill is inclusive of 11% tip, but waiter insisted on receiving more, explaining that it was Chinese New Year. Got rude when we pointed out that the tip was already included in the bill.

2  Thank Liene Z