“What a find!”

Neighborhood: Soho
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Visited the Four Seasons on Saturday 8th Feb for lunch having seen reviews on Trip Advisor. By 12.15 the place was nearly full but we got a table for 4 very quickly. Can't understand the comments about poor service as we were seated quickly, served without delay but were never hurried. It was my wife's birthday and we had a great time. Go for the mixed hors d'oeuvres as a starter, plenty there for hungry visitors to London! You MUST have the crispy duck with pancakes - really fresh and delicious, good helping too. For mains we had crispy beef, sweet & sour chicken and pork with cashews, we also shared special fried rice & vermicelli - all was yummy. Lovely touch to serve orange slices afterwards. Didn't have room for a pud. Wine was a fair price and the total bill for 4 came to just over £100, really reasonable for central London on a Saturday too. You're spoilt for choice for Chinese restaurants in Chinatown (!) but this was a real find. Can't wait to go back!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“waiter insisting on extra tip”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The service is rushed and waiters pay very little attention to their guests.
My partner's dish got served first and we had to wait another 5 minutes for my order to arrive.
We didn't want to use chopsticks, so my partner asked for a fork and a knife. He got only one pair, so I had to ask for another pair myself.
The bill is inclusive of 11% tip, but waiter insisted on receiving more, explaining that it was Chinese New Year. Got rude when we pointed out that the tip was already included in the bill.

2 Thank Liene Z
Carrickfergus
“Good rather than very good. ”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I've nudged this up to a very good due to accommodating service after we messed them around a bit with our numbers a few times.

The restaurant is quite small but they manage to squeeze a good few in. Don't eat downstairs, it's depressing.

I'm not really a Chinese food fan, so I'm not in a great position to comment properly. Suffice to say everything seemed decent, not overpriced, and lots of it. The waiter even advised against ordering too much food. It's well priced, and what wasn't eaten was taken away in boxes with us.

I'd be happy to visit the next time I'm over and try the Dim Sum menu.

Newport Pagnell, United Kingdom
“Food good - atmosphere not so much.”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Various sites seemed to give this place a good reputation, and I can see why for the food. It isn't the nicest of places to sit and eat, but I've been in far worse in Chinatown.
With time to kill we opted for a set meal and were not dissappointed by hot and sour soup starter. Crispy duck course was a very generous portion, with plenty of sauce and pancakes.
The main course was rice, seasonal veg, crispy beef, chicken with cashews and kung-po prawns.
We were also given a free portion of bbq pork during the meal, which we were told is their specialty.
The prawns were fantastic, and the crispy beef was very good. The veg was essentially just pak-choi, but still ok. The bbq pork was amazing, melt in the mouth and full of flavour. I'd return for this alone.
The let down was the drink prices - £3.50 for a small can of chinese beer... Service is also added to the bill already, although the waiteresses weren't the cheeriest of souls, they were attentive and quick with drink orders.
For a £20 set meal, I think it was good value for money - the pork and duck were highlights. If you have the time and don't mind spending a bit more than you would in some of the other cramped buffets nearby I would say it's worth checking it out. However, don't go if you are expecting 5* service and lots of space!

Leicester, United Kingdom
“very good”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Great food service was ok I guess when you come to London you don't expect the services to be excellent.

• Visited January 2014