“Roast duck lives up to its name”

Four Seasons Chinese Restaurant - Chinatown
Ranked #4,299 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Never had a roast duck which has that much fat under its skin (probably because it's winter)...... but the mix of texture- crispy skin, fat, succulent meat & extremely fragrant & tasty seasoning- MAKES IT EXCELLENT!
Personalised, friendly service- not overboard.

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Chinese Restaurant - Chinatown

997 - 1,001 of 1,356 reviews

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I'm laughing reading these other reviews now and wish I had read them prior to coming here. I think I have to fully agree with the reviews prior to mine. This was one of several recommended restaurants in Chinatown. We came for lunch and were taken downstairs which was basically a windowless basement. Lovely ambiance next to the toilets. They tried to seat us at a table with a dirty tablecloth that hadn't been changed and seemed put out that I refused to sit there. I said "the tablecloth is dirty" and they looked at me like I was from Mars then just plunked us down at the table next to it. It was a paper tablecloth - come on! Change the thing! Gross. They sat the next party of two there and still didn't change it. We ordered the pan friend dumplings and the chicken satay as starters. Dumplings were good, satay was TERRIBLE! Like trying to chew through shoe leather seriously! Tough and stringy. I ordered the duck and hubby got the kung pao chicken. Duck was fine as was the kung pao but I wouldn't come back here again. And yes, waiters never really spoke to us, took orders and plopped food on our table. We didn't leave a tip which I never do but felt warranted in this case. I'm sure there are much better in Chinatown.

1  Thank RP8133
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The staff are rude, the tables are spaced too close together. They tried to fit my friend and me on the end of a family of five's table until we asked to sit at another free table.
Don't expect to be able to sit and have a chat after the meal. They put the complimentary slices of orange meant for after the meal on the table whilst we were still eating our main course - hinting we'd like to hurry you and make you leave.

I will only go to Four Seasons for the roast meats now and that is to take away.

1  Thank teeyan26
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The quality of the food is excellent particularly the Duck and Char Siu. The noodles were a bit greasy but the rice fine. This is not a restaurant for a quiet relaxing meal. There is a buzz to the place but you do get a feeling that they want your table once you have put your chopsticks down.The decor was drab, but if you want fast quality food then..........

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

At first, they just pushed us to order. After that, we were ignored at the table, given horrible service, and seated in a tiny space. The food was even cold! Shortly thereafter it was clear that we were simply a quick pound for them and hastely being pushed out the door by the servers for next customers. I am sharing my story so that future travelers looking for an Chinese experience are not fooled into stepping a foot into this place, opening themselves to pure rudeness, this was a truly disappointing and horrible experience!!

2  Thank 838james838