“Great atmosphere wonderful staff”
Review of Sale e Pepe

Sale e Pepe
Reserve with OpenTable
Sale e Pepe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #514 of 23,677 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Description: Now in its fortieth year of service, Sale e Pepe continues to attract clientele from all over the world. Generations have come to rely on this traditional Italian trattoria just two minutes' walk from Harvey Nichols and Harrods in Knightsbridge. Guests love the consistently good cooking, using fresh ingredients, the great atmosphere and the familiar faces of the friendly Italian staff who haven't changed much in all the years Sale e Pepe has been open. Manager for over 35 years, Tony knows everyone and everyone knows Tony. Sale e Pepe is famous for its fresh dover sole, calves liver and veal chop. The pasta dishes are highly recommended too with excellent specials changing daily. The cuisine will remind you of your favourite meals in Italy.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I have eaten here a few times over the past 30 years, same staff !. They are noisy but so professional. Very smart, plenty of them. I notice that I hardly ever mention the food in these reviews, that is usually because I forget what I have eaten. Same this time, I do remember that both the starter and main meal were full of flavour and delicious. There are many fine Italian restaurants in this area but for lunch you have to go a long way for a better eating experience. Also there is excellent natural light which I like. Enjoy

1  Thank WilcoBraintree

Reviewed June 10, 2014

As my parents live almost next door, it has been a family favourite for years. They know us and look after us well, especially Tony. My mother and I went for a dinner and had oysters and asparagus to start which we shared over a couple of glasses of Prosecco. We both chose scallops as our main. Everything was well presented, tasted delicious and service always friendly with a bit of Opera included. If in Knightsbridge do go but book as it is very popular.

1  Thank Moosie57
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Pros
Delicious Italian cuisine
Central location in Knightsbridge
Friendly staff

Cons
It took a 30 minute wait before we were seated
Expensive for what it is
Noisy

Reviewed May 29, 2014

A great Italian with lovely food, the mussels are to die for! Great service and a great restaurant to relax in after a hard days shopping!

1  Thank kenderkaz
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Second time dining here and was again a great experience! Staff are so nice and attentive! Only reason it didn't get 5 stars is that I ordered the prawns (which I tried before and were the best I've ever had!) and was told after he went to the kitchen that they had none left, kitchen should have made all staff aware of this. But I ordered the fillet steak instead and it was delicious along with a variety of veg which included amazing potatoes! Well worth the trip!