“Top Notch Italian”
Review of Sale e Pepe

Sale e Pepe
Reserve with OpenTable
Sale e Pepe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #466 of 22,853 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Description: Now in its fortieth year of service, Sale e Pepe continues to attract clientele from all over the world. Generations have come to rely on this traditional Italian trattoria just two minutes' walk from Harvey Nichols and Harrods in Knightsbridge. Guests love the consistently good cooking, using fresh ingredients, the great atmosphere and the familiar faces of the friendly Italian staff who haven't changed much in all the years Sale e Pepe has been open. Manager for over 35 years, Tony knows everyone and everyone knows Tony. Sale e Pepe is famous for its fresh dover sole, calves liver and veal chop. The pasta dishes are highly recommended too with excellent specials changing daily. The cuisine will remind you of your favourite meals in Italy.
Henlow, United Kingdom
“Top Notch Italian”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Second time dining here and was again a great experience! Staff are so nice and attentive! Only reason it didn't get 5 stars is that I ordered the prawns (which I tried before and were the best I've ever had!) and was told after he went to the kitchen that they had none left, kitchen should have made all staff aware of this. But I ordered the fillet steak instead and it was delicious along with a variety of veg which included amazing potatoes! Well worth the trip!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Basel, Switzerland
“Italy in the heart of London”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Feels like you have left London and stepped into Italy as soon as you walk through the door. Our first time but treated like we were regular , valued, customers. Friendly service, great food.

Chicago
“Perfect”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We were in London for a few days before we stumbled across this place.
We walked in without a reservation at about 8.00 and were seated straight away.
Yes it is noisy and tables are close but the food and service are wonderful
We had a lovely meal unrushed and made to feel as if we had been coming here for years,
We were so impressed we booked a table for Saturday night once again outstanding.
All the staff are awesome but a massive thanks to Mario who really goes out of his way to make each visit something special.
Can not wait to visit London and dine here again..

• Visited April 2014
Columbia, South Carolina
“Delicious and fun evening”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We had dinner here last week based on recommendations of a local London friend and Italian friends. Wow, what great food! Wonderful service and fun, when we asked for some singing, they obliged. Very good wine list. Had mixed salad, meat lasagna and tiramisu. Delicious. Would highly recommend!

1 Thank Louise A
Calgary, Canada
“Another great experience”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

I come here for at least one dinner each time I'm in London for business. This was first chance I had to go with family, on vacation. Ambience was loud, cheerful, what I expected - and food was excellent again. I started with tuna tartare which was not on menu or offered on special but I asked for it and they made it for me. I've had it here before and it's best I've ever had - they did not disappoint. Pasta main followed by tiramisu dessert again was excellent. If in Knightsbridge, you have to come here for dinner. But reservations a must - always crowded.

Visited May 2014