“Perfect”
Review of Sale e Pepe

Sale e Pepe
Reserve with OpenTable
Sale e Pepe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #550 of 23,718 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Description: Now in its fortieth year of service, Sale e Pepe continues to attract clientele from all over the world. Generations have come to rely on this traditional Italian trattoria just two minutes' walk from Harvey Nichols and Harrods in Knightsbridge. Guests love the consistently good cooking, using fresh ingredients, the great atmosphere and the familiar faces of the friendly Italian staff who haven't changed much in all the years Sale e Pepe has been open. Manager for over 35 years, Tony knows everyone and everyone knows Tony. Sale e Pepe is famous for its fresh dover sole, calves liver and veal chop. The pasta dishes are highly recommended too with excellent specials changing daily. The cuisine will remind you of your favourite meals in Italy.
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We were in London for a few days before we stumbled across this place.
We walked in without a reservation at about 8.00 and were seated straight away.
Yes it is noisy and tables are close but the food and service are wonderful
We had a lovely meal unrushed and made to feel as if we had been coming here for years,
We were so impressed we booked a table for Saturday night once again outstanding.
All the staff are awesome but a massive thanks to Mario who really goes out of his way to make each visit something special.
Can not wait to visit London and dine here again..

Reviewed May 23, 2014

We had dinner here last week based on recommendations of a local London friend and Italian friends. Wow, what great food! Wonderful service and fun, when we asked for some singing, they obliged. Very good wine list. Had mixed salad, meat lasagna and tiramisu. Delicious. Would highly recommend!

1  Thank Louise A
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I come here for at least one dinner each time I'm in London for business. This was first chance I had to go with family, on vacation. Ambience was loud, cheerful, what I expected - and food was excellent again. I started with tuna tartare which was not on menu or offered on special but I asked for it and they made it for me. I've had it here before and it's best I've ever had - they did not disappoint. Pasta main followed by tiramisu dessert again was excellent. If in Knightsbridge, you have to come here for dinner. But reservations a must - always crowded.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stumbled across this little Italian restaurant after shopping, very glad we did. Food was delicious, not over priced, and staff charming. Would have no hesitation in returning!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

While in the UK on business 8 of us had a wonderful meal at Sale e Pepe's! We went early (530 pm) since all reservations were full until late evening and we are glad we took the early seating to enjoy. A very Italian friendly atmosphere will exceptional service. I started with the Isalata di Mare ( seafood salad ) and it was exquisite! Foe my main entree I had Scaloppine di Vitello Certosina ( veal escalope cooked with cream, brandy and mushrooms) and it was delicious, I also had a side of fresh vegetables. Others had very favorable remarks for the Ravioli de Vitello ( veal), and the Capesante alla Coppola (sautéed scallops). The wine selection was great. Truly enjoyed all components of the meal - highly recommend!