Tripadvisor
London
Post
Inbox
Search

“Good but definitely not authentic punjabi”
Review of Tayyabs

Tayyabs
Order Online
Ranked #9,889 of 28,985 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Whitechapel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Positives - main Karahi curry’s and nan bread very good

Negatives - salad dry and tasteless, samosas were dreadful

Service was bizarre and staff need training in greeting and welcoming customers

Overall - this restaurant lacks any authenticity and worlds away from great punjabi restaurants in Tooting and Southall

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (3,615)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been coming here for many years and unfortunately on this occasion the service and food was dire.

Service levels have dropped alarmingly since our last visit. The staff look like they are being forced to work and do not have any interest at all in diners. Had to order bottled water a few times to 2 different waiters until we finally got some after I approached the kitchen to get it.

The basement absolutely stinks of drains and sewage. You have to go to the basement to get to the toilets and the smell is quite strong. I feel sorry for diners who eat in the basement area.

The food was very poor. The lamb did not taste like lamb at all. Very chewy, in fact too chewy. The chicken was not thoroughly cooked. We ended up leaving majority of it. One staff member said it was a common complaint but he cannot do anything as he has just started working there.

It’s ideal for people who don’t know their Indian/Pakistani food but those that know their food know it’s not good food. It is well below par.

Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

Busy place however got a seat. Service quick and food lovely. Good pricing and can take your own alcohol in. Would recommend xx

Reviewed January 11, 2020

Absoloutley appalled at this place! I am a vegetarian who has not eaten meat in over 5 years so when I found minced meat in my vegetarian dish I was understandably upset. When I called the manager over he was SO dismissive blaming me or my friends of mixing the spoons with my friends meat dish which I can assure DID NOT happen. When I showed him and his colleague the meat within the dish itself they tried to patronise me by saying it was garlic. They seemed to finally accept it was meat and took the dish away. Their attitude - especially the managers was absoloutley disgraceful - they were so rude and dismissive - not once did I recieve an apology. I understand mistakes happen but it is completley unacceptable for a restaurant to not accept responsibility or acknoledge the mistake they have made. I was made to feel like a nusiance and treated with not even an ounce of respect. I truly am disgusted not only with them putting meat in my dish, but in the way I was treated by the staff. PLEASE AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!!!

Reviewed January 8, 2020

Absolutely awful popadoms was like out of date cereal would not recommend customer service was awful