“Sunday afternoon curry”
Review of Tayyabs

Tayyabs
Ranked #4,317 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Whitechapel
Loughton, United Kingdom
“Sunday afternoon curry”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

First time eating here. Food was lovely. Easy menu, nicely spiced and piping hot. Waiting staff just seat you take your order and bring you the food. No fussing around you. Bring you own booze keeps the cost down too. I'd use this place again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“BRILLIANT!!!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Really great restaurant, good food, very cheap, only downside gets very busy at night times so have to wait til you can get in, don't blame them very good food, proper asian home style food

• Visited December 2012
England
“Run of the mill food at 100 an hour pace”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had read that this place had had great write ups. Visit was a nightmare whirlwind, they couldn't get you in and out quick enough. Noisy, rushed atmosphere with very average food. Had much better curries elsewhere.

“Wouldn't be going here again!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We thought we would try this restaurant out as it seems to be a busy place. We arrived and were taken downstairs to our seats, the atmosphere down there was not what we expected. Music blaring, staff shouting across at each other. The atmosphere aside, the food did not meet expectations either, the starters were bland and oily, the main was also not appetising and at this point we left without even considering desert. Overall I would not be going back the next time I visit London!

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Fast Food - ok if you are in a rush!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

So this was my first time after having had the place recommended many times by a good friend. Going in at 7:30 on a Thursday probably isnt the best time and I knew we would be in for a wait. We were told by a staff member that it would be about 20-25 mins wait and he was on the money.

So by now I was really getting ready for some excellent Indian cuisine. The menu is very simple with a narrow selection - to keep the prep work down so they can serve more people faster - My friend ordered for us and the lamb chops were good, as was the shish kebab. Naans fresh and tasty and the 2 main dishes of baby chicken and a spiced up chicken tikka masala were very good as well.

So why I am only giving it a 3/5? Overall I felt the experience was very rushed - there is a constant focus on speed which really detracts from the quality ingredients. I understand their business model is to keep prices down (BYO so that really helps) and get diners in and out as fast as possible but it makes for a less than pleasurable experience.

I will go again but prob for lunch in the week when maybe it is less hectic. (Oh you cant book tables BTW)

• Visited March 2013