“Great BYO restaurant”

Ranked #6,817 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Pakistani
Neighborhood: Whitechapel
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I visited tayyabs with work and we had a number of sharing platters to start followed by a selection of dishes both vegetarian and meat. Food was very good - great selection and more flavourful than a curry. Close to brick lane but worth going here over a curry. It's BYO drink so great for going with mates. Try to book as queues always long if turning up on door.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,214)

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Dont come here expecting great service, twice ive been here and twice ive had to que for 20-30 mins. Staff are more intent on serving tables as quick as possible because it is just so busy. However food is of an extremely good standard taste wise and everything is served quick. Just come for nice food not expecting anything more and you wont be disapointed.

1  Thank Business T
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We booked a table to eat at this restaurant. I'm glad we did as if we'd of qued like a lot of other people I'd of been even more annoyed.
I found the menu to be limited although I can't grumble on the food I had.
As an overall dining experience I've had better in a fast food chain than this restaurant.
The waiter had a permanent frown on his face and I'd even class his behaviour/service as rude.
I will not be eating in this restaurant again, not even if someone paid me!

1  Thank bruce_cleaver
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended -so expectations were high.
The restaurant apparently serves about 200 people every day - so if you want bland, industrial food and impersonal service this is definitely the place to go.
Fish masala starter - very dull and like warm.
Main meal - dahl with aubergines - rather greasy, uninteresting and low temperature.
The service was slapdash -the main meal was brought just after the starters and then they started to clear the dishes before we had finished. The basement where we were seated was very dark and very noisy.

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Tayyabs does the most amazing lamb chops ever! It's always very busy. Very good value for money. Service is the only letdown of this place