“Consistently delivers excellent food and service”
Review of The Ivy

The Ivy
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #255 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently delivers excellent food and service”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have been visiting the Ivy now for Lunch and Dinner over the last 2 years on at least 30 occasions. The food and service has always been excellent. My personal favourite is the Devonshire Chicken for two people and the baked Alaska...try it it's wonderful! The Sunday roast is also very good and reasonably priced. The perfect venue for a special occasion, client lunch/ dinner, pre-theatre dinner or a weekend treat.

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
“40th anniversary”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Friendly staff, menu not over pretentious. Baked Alaska memorable. Great for a special occasion. Easy to book on-line and know that you have that table for say 2-hours.

Visited April 2014
Bethesda, Maryland
“Early dinner but worth it!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

loved that it was old english style... the food was great and service was good... my only compliant is they were too good... always at the table...they are very polished with their service routine!

Visited April 2014
Rhyl, United Kingdom
“It is what it is......and I for one like it!!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Ten years after our first visit I booked in advance of my wife and I having a 'special London Weekend' and was not disappointed. OK.....it's not quite as exclusive as it was but the fare has always been basic good food as opposed to Corden Bleu and that I believe is in it's favour.

Our reservation was for 8pm on a Sunday 28th April, we arrived at 7.30 prepared for a wait however were almost immediately shown to a table...not the best in the house but hey. Service was quick and efficient so I have no qualms with the staff.

I have heard so many good things about the Shepherds Pie so just has to try it and I have to say that it was superb and I can highly recommend it. Yes you can get higher quality food and the price is London Based so is on the high side but not astronomical.

Will I return again?? Most probably.

• Visited April 2014
“A nice place for a treat and very affordable”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We went here yesterday for my partners birthday lunch. Bookings were easy to get hold of with only two weeks notice so that was a positive. We arrived promptly and the restaurant was already flowing with lots of guest at 12:15. Atmosphere was as grand as i was expecting however it was very pleasant and maybe being more relaxed was nicer. We both had the roast rib which was excellent the beef was medium rare and very tender and tasty. The only issues was half my potatoes were clearly reheated and tasted more like a frozen selection but the others were fine and my partners were fine too so only a small issues just a shame they were using both reheated and fresh ones. The baked Alaska was excellent and they "show" put on by the waiters when serving it was very entertaining.

For the price in that setting and location the meal and experience is excellent - I would say that the food isn't wildly exciting but it was easily 4/5 but everything else makes up for it. Would certainly book again.

• Visited April 2014