“Makes you feel a little special”
Review of The Ivy

The Ivy
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #280 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: The Ivy restaurant has been a firm fixture on London’s dining and social scene since its foundation in 1917. The Covent Garden restaurant and private room upstairs are the epitome of glamour – now more than ever after a triumphant redesign in 2015 by the acclaimed Martin Brudnizki Design Studio. With its shimmering central dining bar, signature harlequin stained-glass windows, oak panelling and striking contemporary art collection, the longevity of this most British restaurant is ensured. Renowned for its food, Executive Chef Gary Lee creates balanced seasonal lunch and dinner menus that place the Ivy classics alongside a contemporary global palette, incorporating more Asian dishes, salads and vegetables, and a “sea and shells” section. Meanwhile, Director Fernando Peire and his experienced team deliver the unfaltering service for which The Ivy has become celebrated for worldwide, over the years. The Ivy welcomes customers without reservations at the central dining bar, where the A La Carte and Table d'hôte menus are both served. In this, its centenary year, there will be a host of special events lined up to celebrate both the past and future of this unique restaurant.
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Felt exciting to be walking through the doors for the first time, to explore 'the celeb' hangout that is the Ivy. Nice room, with most tables giving a view of the room. Good service and nice buzz. The food isn't knock your socks off stuff, but I found it all very pleasant. Familiar menu of comfort and british dishes. Food was all well done and tasty, and not crazy prices. The fun is with the exploartion and buzz, but food more than exceptable too.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Visited the Ivy several Times, Most Recent Sunday 10th November for an Evening Meal.
Service was Exceptional, & the Food Was too Die for!
We've never been Disappointed here at all.
The A la Carte Menu Has Such a Lot too Choose from, it is Difficult too Decide on What too Have,
On Weekdays & On Sundays there is also a Very reasonably Priced Set menu, it's Never an Issue on whether or not you can Mix & match from Both menu's
Staff can always work out something for you.
Can Hardly Wait till Our Next Visit

1  Thank Tom K
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Visited here on a trip to London last month, first time at the Ivy but I love the other 2 places they have, been to Wolsley many times and the new one at Sloane Sq once, both are great. I found this to be not the most endearing restaurant in general but one waiter refused to come back for the main course order and to just take our starters to begin with, he came back a second time and refused again until I told him to take the order and get away from the table, I decide not you!!
I explained to a manager on the way to the restrooms just cause they should know, for no other reason, I have 5 restaurants myself, Trip advisor is not what I want used in these situations. They were apologetic but on the way back from the restroom, they had obviously already spoke to him as he gave me a filthy look and muttered bull…t as he turned away to another staff member. He should have been removed form the dining room immediately, arrogance to the public is undeserved. It would not stop me visiting their other 2 places again but never here at the a cost of £400 for 5, I would spend my money elsewhere, shame really, I was so looking forward to it.

1  Thank Gerrard S
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Friends and I went to London on Saturday for an early Christmas shopping day. We decided to book The Ivy for lunch as a treat - hundreds of other women obviously had the same idea !! Most of the tables were female only environments. The food was good even though my calves liver and vegetables were luke warm (it still tasted wonderful and my plat was empty which is not a usual thing for me) The restaurant was packed and as a result very noisy. The furniture was shabby and the ladies loo could do with some TLC which is where the disappointment came in. I expected better and wonder whether it is living on it's reputation which by the amount of people there, is working well. The bill was £270 for 4 of us but we didn't stint on anything - still on the expensive side though

1  Thank Jane C
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Read a lot about people going there,celebrities mainly.So i thought i might try it too..Was very dissapointed though:the place is overcrouded,in every possible angle of the strangely shaped room they crammed a table.we sat side by side,how weird is that?!?the stuffed room bustles with waiters running by,desorganized,but polite.just not i expect them to be in a good restaurant.drinks arrived only after the food.the liver was cooked allright but was not of the best quality.the tuna was totally overcooked (i had ordered 'medium'),but they took it back and brought a new one quickly.will definately not go back,loud,stressed and with mediocre food,not worth the money!

1  Thank Seerose8