“Delicious...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ivy

The Ivy
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #255 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British, French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

The Ivy is one of those restaurants I visit to celebrate a special birthday or event... It is expensive... But they make you feel like a star, so why not treat yourself every once in a while.
Lovely kind staff & fabulous food... I love this restaurant!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Stirling, United Kingdom
“It's Still a Must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Had a lovely time at the Ivy and the staff, atmosphere, food and wine could not be faulted. Not a place for an intimate dinner, rather a place to feel the buzz and excitement of one of London's theatre land top venues.

• Visited February 2013
london
“Twice in a week and its still perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Ok, I am going to be honest now, I go to The Ivy a lot and have been going there for many many years, but you know what I have had bad times and good times. I was there on the 27th for Lunch with a long standing family friend and we do once a month visit. Well at the end of lunch i asked if we could do lunch on Friday the 30th, yes we got a table (Simon your a god). You what I have gone from spending the GDP of a small country to having a kinda brunch. Our Friday visit was just a brunch. We had a no booze brunch, arrived at 12.15 out by 1.15, the food genuinely it is so consistent and good, you know its no wonder people like me go back over and over again and I know people think its a once in a lifetime experience, it's not, it's fun, comfort and yes its predictable (my duck salad changes 3 times a year. but i love it) and so should you!. Our burger was perfect and my eggs Benedict was divine and you know what- fine me somewhere that makes a hollandaise better it will give them a try.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank sw1lad
NW London
“over rated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Went for lunch mid week after reservation made several weeks earlier. I found tables very close to one another and struggled to move it to leave, service was slow and sometimes hard to get attention for a bottle of wine; our waiter was polite but we had to ask him to repeat several times (spoke in low voice and his accent didn't help); the food was not great - Morrocan spice lamb was very bland and although the portion was enormous, the meat was tough; my friends had fish and chips; batter overcooked almost burnt and chips over salted; we commented on this latter point to the head waitress; she said she didn't like food salted either... no apologies.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
uk
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Great food and a great atmosphere!
All the staff are welcoming and attentive.
I had the duck egg on toast to start and the shepherds pie for main.
They were both amazing!
The cocktails are great too!
Personally I don't think the price is too bad, me and my friend had 2 courses, 3 sides, water and 2 cocktails each and it was £113.00 including service charge.
At the end of the day you are eating at a well known place in central London so you expect to pay for it.
I would definetly be visiting The Ivy again.